Guests to Top of the World Lounge

WRLeGrand

Mouseketeer
Are you allowed to bring "guests" to Top of the World Lounge? We are traveling later this year and were considering bringing a couple to the Lounge with us.

Thanks in advance!

Yes you can. I think strictly speaking there is a limit of guests per member--maybe 6 people per member? I think the only possible issue would be if the lounge was at capacity and the extra guests would put the venue over the limit (not likely.) You will want to have your photo ID and your DVC membership card with you for admission.:earsboy:

For my insight, we will be staying in a 2-bedroom at AKL. We will have 4 adults and 2 children on the trip. All are DVC Members. We have two people who live in Orlando who we may potentially invite to go with us. So they would be able to go as well?

Thanks again!

For my insight, we will be staying in a 2-bedroom at AKL. We will have 4 adults and 2 children on the trip. All are DVC Members. We have two people who live in Orlando who we may potentially invite to go with us. So they would be able to go as well?

Thanks again!

Yes, if all the people in your room are on the memebership, you should be allowed to bring in the extra 2 people. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

Yes, if all the people in your room are on the memebership, you should be allowed to bring in the extra 2 people. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

I think so too...members aren't "guests" as far as I know, you'd be well within the limits of bringing guests to join you.

Do guests to the TOTWL have to be staying with you? My husband, daughter and I will be in a 1 bedroom at CCV in late March/early April (possibly changing our reservation to BCV depending on availability at the 7 month mark) and my in-laws will be staying at the Swan. Can we take my in-laws to TOTWL?

Do guests to the TOTWL have to be staying with you? My husband, daughter and I will be in a 1 bedroom at CCV in late March/early April (possibly changing our reservation to BCV depending on availability at the 7 month mark) and my in-laws will be staying at the Swan. Can we take my in-laws to TOTWL?

I don't really see much difference between your question and the OP's, I don't think there's a problem there.:)

Here are the rules for TOTWL from the member website:
Top of the World Lounge
Discover a soothing space to unwind at Top of the World Lounge, located at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort. One of the vacation kingdom’s most exclusive spaces, this lounge is available to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation. It’s an ideal place to savor light bites and refreshing cocktails—and unforgettable views.

Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash) may enjoy access to one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2018.

Blockout dates apply for Top of the World Lounge, including but not limited to: December 30 — 31, 2017; July 3 — 4, 2018; and December 30 — 31, 2018. Current operating hours are 6:00 PM to midnight.

Accessing the Lounge

This perk is available for our Members and their guests. People who are in that Member’s traveling party and staying on that Member’s reservation are also eligible to visit Top of the World Lounge. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current Magic Band or card in order to gain admission to the lounge and observation deck. A Disney Vacation Club Membership Card is also required to verify Membership.

Parking & Transportation

Parking is only available to those staying at Bay Lake Tower or Disney's Contemporary Resort. Members traveling from other Resorts must use Walt Disney World Transportation.

Sign In

Upon arrival, Members must walk to the Bay Lake Tower main lobby entrance on the ground floor and check in at the Top of the World Lounge desk in the lobby.

Availability

This special access to Top of the World Lounge is available on a first-come, first-served basis until the lounge reaches capacity. As the lounge is particularly popular during the Magic Kingdom fireworks, arriving as early as possible will give Members the best chance of gaining admission.
So, yes, according to the rules to visit the lounge, any guests you bring with you must be staying on your reservation with you.

Accessing the Lounge

This perk is available for our Members and their guests. People who are in that Member’s traveling party and staying on that Member’s reservation are also eligible to visit Top of the World Lounge. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current Magic Band or card in order to gain admission to the lounge and observation deck. A Disney Vacation Club Membership Card is also required to verify Membership.

As Deb posted above, unless the couple is staying on the WRLeGrands points as their guest, the local couple should not be allowed up into TOTWL. WRLeGrand you would need to list them on your reservation, if the occupancy level allows, to qualify entry for them to TOTWL.

Actually, you are incorrect. See my previous post of the DVC rules.

Well shucks....My in-laws will be staying at the Swan on points and I thought it would be fun to do TOTWL for fireworks the night before they check out to go home. Oh well....

How and why are you using DVC points at the Swan?

My husband, daughter and I are using DVC points at either CCV or BCV (CCV is already booked, might switch to BCV if available at the 7 month mark)....my in-laws are using Starwood/Marriott points to stay at the Swan...

Sorry for the confusion!

Can you add them to your reservation to give them access?

:earsboy: Bill
I don't think so, that would put us over capacity in a 1 bedroom villa since there are already 3 of us...

That's an interesting thought, though....I hadn't considered that

I was there on 6/30, they just checked my member card. Didn't question where my reservation was or my 2 friends (we were all at Poly).

I visited the TOTWL this past weekend and just showed my blue member card and ID. They did not ask for or scan my MB. Just asked how many people (five).

The kicker to this story? None of us were staying on property.

Yes, I know of and were aware of the rules, but figure the worst that could happen is I get turned away; I wouldn't have been upset if I did. We just happened to be in the area.

Follow up to OP's question. What if DH and I (using our points) have two studios (one for us and one for my parents) and we wanted to take my parents to TOTWL? While we're not all on the same reservation technically, they're booked with our points just in another room and with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter