Guarantee

soccermom22

Earning My Ears
Ok, I went to book our rooms for the May 1, 2004 cruise, category 11 (2 rooms), but all that is available is a "Guarantee" status. Now we have 5 in our family and need to book two separtate rooms - how does this work? When would we know what rooms we are assigned, or if we are upgraded. Would they try to keep us close to each other, or even on the same deck? Is it possible that one room would be upgraded, but not the other.

I honesty don't care where we are, but I really would like the rooms on the same deck?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,
tammy

We had the same guarantee status for our last trip in August and it ended up working out great for us. We were upgraded to 2 category 10's right next to each other. I found out by just checking on the Disney Cruise website. Good Luck!

While the actual methodology behing upgrades is a closely guarded secret along with the spices for the Colonel's recipe for KFC and the Holy Grail, I believe you are far more likely to be upgraded with a GTY status.

You would know what your rooms are no later than when the cruise docs arrive, about 6 weeks prior to sailing

Jim

I booked cat. 11 for our Oct. 12th Wonder and was upgraded to cat. 9. I only found out because I kept checking my ressies on the DCL web site. I don't know about the two rooms though. I hope that helps

We booked through Travelocity for our upcoming October cruise. We booked two Category 11 GTY Staterooms. When I booked, they told us they would note on the reservation that we were traveling together and would like to be near one another. Both cabins have been upgraded to Category 9!! And we have room numbers 2050 and 2048 so we are right next door to each other!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter