• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grovenor ?

jensenbk

Earning My Ears
:smooth: I am staying at the Grosvenor at the end of febuary with my family of 5.Can anyone give me any reviews of the hotel and restaurants at the grosvenor?

We stayed at Grosvenor once (in 1999) because we were attending a convention and Coronado Springs was "full". So it was not our choice.
We had stayed on site since 1986, so we were not really happy with being offsite. The room was in the Garden Wing I think. I thought the elevator system was inconvenient and not large enough for the size of the hotel.
The restaurant had excellent food, especially the breakfast buffet most days and had some character meals.
We were there in October and there were some very large touring groups which taxed the elevator system greatly!
Also, the bus system was a big disappointment. They didn't run nearly as regularly as the Disney buses and the Grosvenor shared the buses with about 6 or 7 other DD area resorts. Eventually I decided to walk to DD and get the buses there. We had purchased park hopper passes for the length of stay and since DH was tied up with meetings, etc., I saved a lot of time and hassle by using the Disney buses.
I realize the hotel has great rates and it's tempting rather than spend more for staying at a Disney resort on site. But I would probably not stay there again.
Hope you have a great trip ---- Disney is special no matter where you stay, even with all the recent changes.

I stayed there in 1995. The bus system is AWFUL!!! Rent a car....it is worth it to save the aggravation. I can remember sitting on the floor of the parking lot waiting for the bus to come at 11pm. After being at the parks all day, the last thing I wanted was to wait 30 minutes for a bus, have to stand up, be all cramped with people and then have to visit every single hotel in that area! The drop offs alone took half an hour! We ended up taking cabs everywhere!

I had a little problem with paying, too. The woman who checked us in said I needed to give her a credit card imprint even though I was paying by check at check-in. I asked her if this was going to be charged to my card because, if it was, I would just pay with the charge card and keep the money in my checking account for myself. She assured me that this was just in case I used the phone and then left before paying. So, she took her imprint. I went to use my credit card and they told me that I couldn't make the purcahse because there was a hold on my account! She must have hit some wrong buttons or something! So, there I was in Disney with some of the money in my checking account going to the room (or so I thought) and my credit card funds on hold for 3 days of the vacation.

When I went to check out, I was told I owed the entire balance! To make a long story short, they wouldn't let me leave the hotel and I missed my flight home. Turns out the woman who checked us in locked the check in her safe and left....for vacation. They had to call a locksmith to bust open her safe and get my check out. They called the bank to confirm the money was there and then, finally, I was able to leave. They made flight arrangements and called Tiffany Town Car for me, at their expense.

Moral of the story: pay WAY in advance and rent a car!!

First, let me say that we've stayed onsite, offsite, and even WAY offsite over the years. On our last stay (of 16 days) we split the trip between a Kissimmee motel on Rt 192 (can't remember the name), the Grosvenor, and Dixie Landings. I have to admit that we LOVED the Grosvenor. But, I can't comment on the busses, because we used our rental car exclusively for the entire trip. Our room was very nice. We had an upper floor with a room overlooking the pool. (We didn't request a specific room location, just took whatever they gave us upon check in). The room was a lot bigger than our room at Dixie Landings and included a refrigerator, which came in handy for cold drinks. And we never experienced any difficulties using the elevator. The best part of the Grosvenor was the location! After spending the day in the parks, we went back to the room for a short, refreshing rest and then leisurely strolled across the street to DD for dinner, or an ice cream treat at Ghiradelli's every evening. We will definitely choose the Grosvenor again. And for the price, you can't go wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter