Grocery option near Westgate villas?

floydfamily4

DIS Veteran
We are heading to see the Mouse in May and are blessed to stay in my aunts timeshare at the Westgate villas. Does anyone know where the closest grocery or wal-mart would be from there?

There's a Publix a few miles away on Highway 192 and the 429. There's also a Winn-Dixie on 192 that's a little bit closer but I prefer Publix over Winn-Dixie but that of course is just a personable preference.

The NEW Super Walmart is right across the street on Old Lake Wilson Road. I think they are scheduled to open in January. It is very convenient to Westgate Villas to the point you can practically walk to it but I wouldn't recommend walking. I can't wait to go back in July/August to see it. It looked just about finished when I was there this past August.

The NEW Super Walmart is right across the street on Old Lake Wilson Road. I think they are scheduled to open in January. It is very convenient to Westgate Villas to the point you can practically walk to it but I wouldn't recommend walking. I can't wait to go back in July/August to see it. It looked just about finished when I was there this past August.
Thanks! Why wouldn't you recommend walking?

Thanks! Why wouldn't you recommend walking?

I wouldn't recommend walking because it appears closer than it really is. It doesn't sit on Westgate property, its across the street. I guess you could walk if there is no other option. It may be alot easier walking to it, but much more difficult walking back when loaded with groceries. I wouldn't stay at Westgate without a rental car anyway. In fact, I wouldn't stay at any resort without a rental car. In my opinion, its not convenient at all.

I wouldn't recommend walking because it appears closer than it really is. It doesn't sit on Westgate property, its across the street. I guess you could walk if there is no other option. It may be alot easier walking to it, but much more difficult walking back when loaded with groceries. I wouldn't stay at Westgate without a rental car anyway. In fact, I wouldn't stay at any resort without a rental car. In my opinion, its not convenient at all.
Thanks for clarifying. We will have a car but I wanted to make sure the area wasn't sketchy and that was why you wouldn't walk :crazy2:

Thanks for clarifying. We will have a car but I wanted to make sure the area wasn't sketchy and that was why you wouldn't walk :crazy2:

Ok...I gotcha:laughing:. No the area is not "sketchy" at all. You will feel safe to walk practically anywhere. And you may be surprised at how many people you will see walking along roads and highways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!