Grand Villa or 2BR plus studio for big trip?

Also be aware that BWV has two different floor plans for the GV’s. There is the single story version which is what is shown on the DVC web site. The other is a two story plan which looks like the SSR GV floor plan. I’d recommend the one story version, it’s a lot more open feeling.

We always travel with 8 for our DVC stays. I book a 2 bedroom and a studio each time. I have 1 daughter that works 3rd shift as a nurse and kinda keeps those hours on vacation. It just works better for everyone if she and her BF stay in a studio and just meet up with us when possible for parks and meals. It is also a huge point saver.

We always travel with 8 for our DVC stays. I book a 2 bedroom and a studio each time. I have 1 daughter that works 3rd shift as a nurse and kinda keeps those hours on vacation. It just works better for everyone if she and her BF stay in a studio and just meet up with us when possible for parks and meals. It is also a huge point saver.
I agree about the points. Same sleeping arrangements, way less points.

If you haven't put in a request yet please request top floor, you won't be disappointed. The balcony runs the length of the GV. When we arrived at the villa with bell services he was totally amazed, stated he had never been in a GV and couldn't believe the beauty. Have a wonderful trip.

I grabbed my GV at Aulani online early on the exact 7 month window (just in the last week) and of course there's no place for requests, so THANK YOU for reminding me to ask MS to add that to my rez! :cutie:

The lanai's are actually 60 feet long. Spectacular!

If you haven't put in a request yet please request top floor, you won't be disappointed. The balcony runs the length of the GV. When we arrived at the villa with bell services he was totally amazed, stated he had never been in a GV and couldn't believe the beauty. Have a wonderful trip.
We have made that request!

OKW grand Villas are great as stated you can’t beat the points the layout is great and besides You all get along well the GV is the way to go more time together. I booked a GV at OKW again for group of nine of us this August.

We are a family of 11 - my parents, my sister and her family, me and my family. We have done both the GV and a 2BR + 1BR (mom likes her space and they are her points). The GV was beautiful. Stayed at BWV and got it at 7 months for a late November trip. Also have stayed in GV at SSR. Recently, the parents prefer more privacy and using less points so sister and I split the 2BR and the parents get the 1BR (occasionally shared with my now college aged son depending on where we are staying). They own at SSR but we often don’t stay there. We have enjoyed both options so it would depend on preference and how many points you want to burn.

Our next trip is in October. This time, due partly to availability when we switched at 7 months, parents are at BLT and we are split with 2 nights at AKL and 5 at CCV. First time we will be at different resorts. I don’t think it will matter with our touring styles but we shall see.

Like SSR, OKW has a lot of GV's, I think 26. If that's not right, it's very close. :cutie:

I have never found the transportation at OKW to be what is sometimes what folks think. For instance, I've stayed twice at GFV, and HATED the bus service there. It was a good hike to the one and only bus stop on the far side of the hotel, and the wait for buses was awful IMO. And to make it worse, after we finally got a bus? They had to make a stop at the Poly too. :crazy2:

OKW has boats to DS, and their buses do not stop at any other resorts. ONLY the OKW bus stops. There is an internal bus if you are located far from HH (which I much prefer, I love to be as far from HH as possible), OR if you want to go to HH you can simply hop on any bus going anywhere as its last stop is at HH. One thing I know for sure about OKW.... people seem to either love it or really not like it. Kind of like with AKV I think. For my points bang, the extra room, the laid back feel after a fun but hectic day in the parks, OKW remains my favorite resort at WDW. And I've stayed at all of them. JMHO. :D

OKW is our favorite and I love the nice big rooms. Have never felt crowded. Haven't stayed in a GV yet. But we had 8 adults in a 2 bedroom and it never felt crowded. Can't say the same for Kidani. It was dark. It does have a third bathroom. With the master bath split up it wasn't that bad and I liked the full laundry room too.

I'll give you the opposite take. I've stayed in BWV Grand Villas a few times, and my take is that it depends.

If everyone gets along great, and your friend's parenting style is compatible with you, GV are really nice.

But Disney can bring out the worst in people - long days in the park with the heat and the constant drain on your wallet can lead to short tempers. Watching someone ditz around the room in the morning if you want to hit the parks at opening can be annoying. Being exhausted and just wanting to sleep while someone else wants to stay up late at night talking loudly can make you question the definition of friendship.

I'm an introvert. After years and years, my family knows how to deal with it, my friends who haven't lived with me only have seen me "on" and don't get the "off" time.

Consider carefully the personalities and styles of the party. Not only ask the question "will I be able to put up with them" but also ask "will they be able to put up with me - and each other." If you have people sleeping on the pullout in a GV, then your together space will also be someone's bedroom. That person won't get "away space."

And don't count on a BWV Grand Villa at seven months - we've always booked ours eleven months out - and one time waited until 10 1/2 and had problems in late August.

The GV at OKW has a second hang out space upstairs. So this can make a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter