Grand Villa at 7 Months

drjackal31

Mouseketeer
I am still working on convincing my husband to take the plunge. We plan on it eventually, but i'm hoping on sooner rather than later. However, anyone have any insight into if grand villas would be available at 7 months. Specifically at OKW.

I would really like to treat my family to a trip, a grand villa would be the only one to fit everyone in one place. It may be better just to get two places. Just curious for my future plans :-)

Depends on when you plan to go. Since OKW GVs require the fewest number of points, they are hot properties. And owners there love them, too. I booked a GV for early June a few years ago (when it was easier to book at seven months out). I had enough points to book six of my seven nights at 11 months out. I was able to add the last night at seven months out, but I did it exactly at seven months out.

Sometimes it is easier to book studios for the families and you book the one or two bedroom. Then everyone has a place to go away from the rest of the family if they want the away time. I booked my GV for a graduation trip for my son and eight of his friends (and the two of us).

Depends on when you plan to go. Since OKW GVs require the fewest number of points, they are hot properties. And owners there love them, too. I booked a GV for early June a few years ago (when it was easier to book at seven months out). I had enough points to book six of my seven nights at 11 months out. I was able to add the last night at seven months out, but I did it exactly at seven months out.

Sometimes it is easier to book studios for the families and you book the one or two bedroom. Then everyone has a place to go away from the rest of the family if they want the away time. I booked my GV for a graduation trip for my son and eight of his friends (and the two of us).

Agree. GV at OKW are difficult to book. We stayed in a GV at BLT a few years ago with my brother (&his wife & kids) and my parents. The same group is traveling again soon and I booked a 2br for us (me, DH and our 2 DDs), a studio for my parents and a 2br for my brother and his family.

The GV was nice, but we found we preferred some time to ourselves (as did everyone else).

This thread may be helpful: https://www.disboards.com/threads/grand-villa-availability-at-all-resorts.3564854/

OKW: the GV's in the near Hospitality House booking category have a real risk of filling at or a little before 8 a.m. at 11 months out throughout the year (only the BWV and the hospitality house OKW GV's have an 11 month issue at WDW). At 7 months out they are seldom available except for an occassional stray day . The other GVs at OKW are usually missing two to five nights per week during the high season by 7 months out but are often open at 7 months out during the low to moderate demand season except for times in June, mid-March to mid-April, race weekends (the Princess half marathon weekend in February is the highest DVC demand time during the low to moderate demand season) and around holidays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!