Grand Flo RPC Pictures

Thanks for the great pictures! Your room at the GF looks so nice! I'm going to have to stay in the RPC sometime! ;)

Beautiful pictures Debbart:D

I especially loved the pictures of the fireworks. We were there this past Christmas also and it was the first time I used a digital camera. Do you mind if I ask how you took such amazing shots of the fireworks? What type of camera do you have? Did you use a particular film speed? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks again for sharing you pictures.

Debbart, I loved your photos! Thanks for posting the link to them. I adored your fireworks photos. I could hear the BOOMS going off as I viewed them. *Sigh*

To Wdwnut61, here's a tip for capturing fireworks' photos: turn off your camera's flash, and put your camera on a tripod or other stationary surface when the shutter button is depressed. Better yet, if your camera has a timer, use it. You will be amazed at the wonderful photos that you will get.

Janet2K,

Thanks so much for the tip. It's a learning experience with my digital camera, but I love it:D Thanks again.

Balcony railings are perfect for resting the camera on. :) Just remember to make sure you have your camera string wrapped around your arm just incase it gets away from you. ;)

CaliforniaDreaming should know -- he's taken some wonderful photos of fireworks!

By the way, Debbart, how was your GF-RPC stay? I have the GF-RPC booked for an upcoming trip and I am wondering how the service is lately.

Our stay was quite nice. We arrived at Animal Kingdom Lodge on Dec 15 and stayed two nights then transfered to GF for ten nights. Luggage transfer was great; I would book two resorts and transfer midstay again in a heartbeat! We were on the third floor of the main building right above Gasparilla Grill. Excellent dead on view of the castle (as you probably saw from the pictures). I'm a compulsive planner so I really had all of my PS arrangements done well ahead of my stay. The only thing I requested from the consierge was to cancel a horseback riding booking for me because my child wasn't feeling well. They left a message at my room that they called but because it was less than 24 hours notice we would still be charged. I then called the Ft Wilderness stable to say I would still keep the booking but they were very accommodating and said no problem I could cancel and under the circumstances they wouldn't charge me?...makes you wonder about consierge sometimes...
The maid service was excellent and the lounge refreshments were good/plentiful. People with children should not feel intimidated at all about RPC. We found it to be very family friendly. The staff is more reserved than other resorts...don't expect them to be overly friendly or entertain you. The pools were both beautiful and the boat ride from MK was very convenient used that instead of the monorail most of the time.
Be glad to answer any other questions.

wdwnut 61...We used an Olympus D460 Zoom Digital Camera
1.3 megapixels 3x optical zoom 2x digital
the spped settings were left on auto...we then ran the photos through adobe photoshop to brighten them...hope that helps

Originally posted by Janet2k
CaliforniaDreaming should know -- he's taken some wonderful photos of fireworks!

Thank you, Janet. ;) But, not all of my pictures came out the way the ones I have in my photo album did. The trick is to rest the camera on the railing, and they almost always come out perfect. Haven't been able to master SpectroMagic/Main Street Electrical Parade, but it's on my list to find the perfect spot and the perfect way!

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to post those pictures.... *sigh*.... LOVED THEM!!! I am so glad to hear you had a great trip at Christmas. All of WDW is decorated beautifully, but the tree in the GF main lobby really takes the cake. :)

LOVED your pictures! We were at the RPC the exact same time as you were this past holiday season (although not for so many nights!). We enjoyed the hotel and the rooms. The concierge messed up a few of my reservations too. It seems to be a trend on these boards! They gave us our itinerary with wrong seating times/dates, etc. The most notable mistake was Cinderella's breakfast which they had us down for 8:00 a.m.. When we arrived the restaurant showed us the computer and it was clearly 9:45. But they sat us anyway (I would have loved to be able to sleep in that morning!). Thanks for sharing your photos and comments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter