• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Cayman with young kids

CVW

DIS Veteran
What about Grand Cayman? My wife and I plan on doing the Stingray tour early in the morning. Will we have enough time to do something with the kids after that?

Which would you pick between the submarine or renting a Jeep and just driving around? Any other thoughts?

I was in Gr Cayman last year, we rented a vehicle and went snorkeling in some little local favorite spot, but did not have much time to realy enjoy looking around the Island. We had an early departure, and since you have to be tendered to the Island it was not something you could just come and go as you pleased. so we needed to make sure we were back in time to get the tender back to the boat.... I realy wish we had more time on this Island, but I hear the stingray swim is realy nice here.

We'd like to do the stingrays early in the morning, and then meet up with the kids and grandma in the afternoon. What could we do for the afternoon? Beach? Jeep?

Why not go to stingray city with the kids? We've been taking our kids since they were 2 years old. Even if they doesn't swim she can watch from the boat or put them in a floatation device. I always put my kids in arm bands and then later in a swim belt. One was scared the first time and spent a lot of time on my husbands shoulders but he still loved it.

Captain Bryans Catamaran has great stingray city trips and they've always been helpful with the kids.

If they likes horses you could always take her for a Horseback Ride on the Beach another great excursion, pretty kid friendly.

The beach is always a nice option as 7Mile Beach is really nice too

For great jeep rentals go to Avis Cico Grand Cayman

wavegirl,

Hadn't thought of that. The Disney excursion book implies that four year olds are too young to go. Is that incorrect, or would I need to book it through Captain Bryan's?

Also, I assume that Captain Bryan's supplies floaties, etc. or did you bring those yourself?

Does Captain Bryan's do videotaping for you? If not is it safe to bring a camcorder on board? (Not into the water obviously.)

The website that you tagged referred to a two-part trip that implied that you would go to either a reef or the aquarium. Does that mean you have a choice on board, or do you need to decide ahead of time?

I think I'm done. You said you have young kids, so I assume you're used to a half-dozen questions at a time. ("Mommy? Mommy? Mommy? Mommy? Mommy?")

I'm taking my DS8 and DD4 on the Captain Bryan's trip. I *know* my DD won't get in the water. (I can hope, though...) But, otherwise, I think it will be fine for them

Yes, they provide everything. I am bringing a blow up raft -- I'm planning on using it to put my DD on it and push it over to where the snorkeling is happing. I heard this someplace and it sounded like a great idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter