Grand Californian History - Help Identify Signature?

rockiesfan

Mouseketeer
Hi, can any Grand Californian buffs help me identify a signature? About a year ago I bought a large framed picture of the Grand Californian Hotel. It depicts the hotel's front elevation with the name of the architectural firm, Urban Design, and year 2001. I'm guessing it is from the hotel's opening. The mat is signed by Peter Dominick, the hotel's architect, and also by another person who I haven't been able to identify. It's probably another person from the architectural firm, but it could also be someone from Disney. The picture is framed under UV prevention glass, so someone valued it enough to protect it.

Any info or guesses? I will be listing this on ebay, as I am a huge Disney World fan but haven't been to Disneyland yet and don't have room for Disneyland-specific memorabilia!IMG_0960.jpgIMG_0961.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help!

FA8A8155-11CE-44DD-865B-850C7B4AD0E9.png Have a look at 4240 architecture
It says while part of UDG inc
They worked on GCH
Clicked on Leadership and there is a
E.Randal Johnson
Also at the bottom
In memory of Peter H. Dominick
(Including a screan shot)
I sure hope this is it

Laundress, thanks so much! Just looking at it, my guess was that the signature was "Johnson" but I didn't have any information to back it up. I'm sure you're right.

Thanks again!

maybe you can find something else with his signature to match.
It certainly is a beautiful hotel. They did a wonderful job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!