Grand California availability at 7 months

LCoulter

Whoah Mouse
We are looking into a trip in fall of 2019 to Disneyland with a stay at Grand California and are DVC owners at BLT. Is anyone having any luck with getting a reservation at 7 months? I was hoping for Sunday night with checkout the following Saturday in a one bedroom. This morning I tried to see what was currently available at 7 months and there was a day or two here and there, certainly not 6 nights together.

It can happen, but especially a longer stay can be very challenging. It is far less essential to stay on-property at DLR, and you might consider renting your BLT points and booking cash elsewhere.

People do get it. I own at VGC but did a 2BR villa there this past November that I booked with other points at 7 months - that was a 6 nights stay at the time I booked it. You need to be online right at 8am eastern and ready to book if the room is available.

We we're able to get a studio for 9 nights this past September exactly at the 7 month window. Added the last few nights each day.

We own at VWL and have gotten into VGC several times at 7 months out. We usually went when school was out (Easter) or when school was out with a long weekend. We never went for long stays. Usually just 3 or 4. The last two times we went to VGC we didn't get our room, a studio. The first time we were told the room flooded and the second time were told "they ran out of rooms" even though we had a reservation and were there right at check in time.

We are hoping on it for a trip in December or January, dates are flexible, for 4 or five days. We have enough points for a one bedroom. But I am not expecting to get it. If not, we plan on renting out the points we would have used.

Right now there is just scattered availability the first two weeks in September in a one bedroom. And remember Star Wars in 2019....I think it might be tight.

We were able to get a 5 night stay in VGC in mid-August, 2016 at exactly 7 months out by booking online at 8 a.m. Fairy tales do come true!

I was able to get 5 nights in a studio for this June. Was ready to hit submit exactly 8am on the 7 month mark.

I was able to get 5 nights in a one bedroom starting March 14 at exactly the 7 month mark.

I was hoping for October 14 to 19 in a studio. First 10/18 soldout, now 10/15 is soldout. I can't book or waitlist until 3/14. So doesn't look good. I may splurge for a 1 bedroom, which is currently available.

I was hoping for October 14 to 19 in a studio. First 10/18 soldout, now 10/15 is soldout. I can't book or waitlist until 3/14. So doesn't look good. I may splurge for a 1 bedroom, which is currently available.

Definitely a worthwhile splurge!

Wanted a studio September 13 to 22nd but too many nights were taken before 7 month window to even bother waitlisting. We did end up getting a one bedroom for 7 nights and are staying at Candy Cane in the first two. I didn’t have enough points for all nine nights in the 1BR.

Wanted a studio September 13 to 22nd but too many nights were taken before 7 month window to even bother waitlisting. We did end up getting a one bedroom for 7 nights and are staying at Candy Cane in the first two. I didn’t have enough points for all nine nights in the 1BR.

Not sure how much more difficult early December is compared to mid September, but I am encouraged by your success as I am only looking for 2 nights in a one bedroom villa.

LAX

As a PP said
Definitely be online 8am at 7 months.
We lucked out with a studio for 3 nights on the way to Aulani last July.
Happy planning
Kerri

Not sure how much more difficult early December is compared to mid September, but I am encouraged by your success as I am only looking for 2 nights in a one bedroom villa.

LAX
A one bedroom is not that hard to book. The studio is brutal though. I have also had good luck with waitlists when bookin VGC. We have stayed there 5 or 6 times and have always got a reservation using a combo of booking right at 7 months and/or one night waitlists.

We are looking into a trip in fall of 2019 to Disneyland with a stay at Grand California and are DVC owners at BLT. Is anyone having any luck with getting a reservation at 7 months? I was hoping for Sunday night with checkout the following Saturday in a one bedroom. This morning I tried to see what was currently available at 7 months and there was a day or two here and there, certainly not 6 nights together.

Good luck :). Were it me? I would list home Resort Points for Resale, ONLY to anyone with an 11 Month booking window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter