Grand Cali March 1

jlwhitney

Thumper2007
Will it be impossible to book a 2 bedroom ( or 1 bed which I know are harder) for check in on March 1 or 2nd?

I have watched feb and feb has been no problem up till the third week (i guess some schools break not really sure).

Hoping since March 1 is before any major spring break travel it won't be bad.

Only time will tell. If you wanted the studio I would say it is very unlikely. However if you want a one bedroom or two bedroom they tend to stay available at Grand Californian for a little bit longer.

Be ready to book exactly at 8:00am, any availability remaining at 7 months at the VGC disappears literally in seconds.

Be ready to book exactly at 8:00am, any availability remaining at 7 months at the VGC disappears literally in seconds.

I have to strongly agree with this. Having stayed at Grand Californian and booked at Grand Californian on multiple days, I can tell you that I have been online and watched most of the inventory disappear instantaneously. It is there for a few seconds, and then it is gone.

If it is important to you, try dry running it by signing on and going through the motions in advance, for several mornings, at exactly 8 AM Eastern time. In fact, your ONLY chance is usually to be already signed on, at the search page, and clicking the REFRESH page button right at the moment that the clock ticks over. To make it worse, I have HEARD that sometimes the computer will turn on the access a few minutes early. When that happens, only the people signed on and actively doing it will have a chance.

Grand Californian only has about 75 units, total, spread across the different categories. That is about 2 three-bedroom suites, 24 two-bedroom villas, 24 one-bedroom villas and 24 studios. If you get a "lock-off" unit, you are actually taking one of the one-bedroom units AND one of the studios.

In my experience, you are most likely to be successful if you go straight for a standard two-bedroom unit. And the studios go the fastest.

If you fail, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO WAITLIST IMMEDIATELY! RIGHT THEN! Some people who are booked WILL change their minds and drop it. Waitlisting immediately puts you on the very top of that list. And it is something that a lot of people don't think of. They just get disappointed and 'go home.' Maybe they come back and wsitlist later. Getting at the top of the waitlist can be just as important as trying at the beginning. And, if you are on the very top, you are quite likely to eventually be successful.

IMMEDIATE WAITLISTING is probably one of the best tools that you can use when you are trying to make a reservation at any Resort that books out nearly instantaneously.

Last edited:

I have successfully booked it before. I actually tried today and could have.

What annoys me is the dates I really want in Feb are still available, early feb but we can't go till march 1st since out of points. End of jan-feb would have been easy peasy to book, but third week is when it got hard.

Is there anything major going on march 1 ish to make it extra hard.

Also with new system once it says your room is available, the first page after picking your dates to continue with booking does it hole for 20 mins like it use to so you can finish your booking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter