Grand Cal Questions

pascagoulabeach

"Doc"
DVC Silver
I am looking at going to Disneyland in early June 2018. I can't decide if I want to rent points to book a stay now or wait to see if I can book using my points at the 7 month mark.

Renting via David's would be $1,020 (60pts) for a studio or $1,989 (117pts) for 1 BR.

The studio cost through David's is less than booking a standard room through Disney.

Any thoughts?

Grand Cal. Not "Cali." Thx for understanding.

FWIW, you can likely piece together a 1BR on your own points at the 7 months mark. The waitlist is your friend -- works for us quite often.

Early June? Probably can get a 1BR with your points. Studio is going to be more about luck. Are you flexible at all on dates? That always helps for booking hard to get rooms.

And hi Cali people! ;)

(Sorry - just HAD to do that) Being from Nevada and having a lot of east coasters pronouncing it incorrectly I do understand!!! The worst was when it was wrong in a national commercial - an auto maker I think.

I'm from Cali and we have no problem with it when it's written. We do it also. If it's good enough for LL Cool J, it's good enough for us.
You just wouldnt say it. Otherwise you give yourself away. It's socal. : )

While I'll admit I do not know LL Cool J, I do know that referencing California as 'Cali' set off quite a rollicking debate over on TUG recently. None considered it an acceptable nickname for anything California, in any form (written vs spoken). Just.not.done.

why don't you book through disney as a backup then try to use your points. probably not worth the hassle to rent with david's and take on that risk when you have 2 other good options

why don't you book through disney as a backup then try to use your points. probably not worth the hassle to rent with david's and take on that risk when you have 2 other good options

Honestly there's Zero need to book a cash backup more than 7 months ahead of time for Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter