good time to go???

We just went on our first trip this past October and went from Oct 14 - 23 and we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside with me, my wife and our 12 yr old daughter. While there we did also attend the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

The crowds at the 4 parks (and also Universal) weren't too bad really. Although be prepared that the Magic Kingdom is MUCH busier and very crowded on nights with the Halloween Party.

With the Food and Wine at that time, I have to admit, we didn't find the back half of Epcot to be much fun. There was a lot of alcohol, lots of bad language, pushing and shoving. The front half was ok though.

While we were there, we used the Fast Passes that we booked, and I'm glad we booked them. But we were also able to go on quite a few rides without fast passes and we didn't really have to wait too long. I think maybe 40 minutes was our worst wait. But a majority of Non Fast Pass rides, we were able to go on within 20 minutes.

But we also found that even restaurants weren't too bad. We only had a few reservations in advance and 'winged' the rest but a good idea is to plan on booking / eating at non dinner peak hours.

I'm not sure how small your children are, but I would think that as long as you book your fast passes, and book your reservations, you should be fine.

I'd also recommend though that if you want to do any character meet and greets, that you book those as fast passes if you are able to. Some lines got pretty long.

I hope that helps a little. I'd be happy to answer any other questions about that time, although I'm by no means an expert :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter