Good Neighbor hotels to get 60-day FP booking! Update: AND EMH!

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
UPDATE:
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/12/confi...60-day-booking-window-extra-magic-hours-2018/
“Beginning Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2018, Guests at any of these Official WALT DISNEY WORLD hotels, with a valid theme park ticket, can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours benefit as each day, one of the four Walt Disney World Theme Parks opens early or extends later for Guests to enjoy select attractions.

Scheduled to begin Jan. 10, 2018, Walt Disney Travel Company packages are available for online bookings for the Disney Springs® Resort Area hotels. Also, scheduled to begin Jan. 10, 2018, Guests at these Official WALT DISNEY WORLD hotels, who have booked a package reservation for the hotel through a Walt Disney Travel Company package, will be able to link their hotel reservation on My Disney Experience, and with a linked, valid theme park ticket, these Guests can utilize a 60-day booking window for FastPass+ selections. These are benefits that are already available to Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel Guests.”

From WDWNT: http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/10/disne...pass-booking-guests-select-non-disney-hotels/

Reportedly, select non-Disney hotels will now be able to book FPs at 60-days!

I am not happy with that. When I decide to book a Disney hotel, I know there is a higher cost, as well as worthwhile benefits. I don't see why Disney feels the need to extend the 60-day FiP reservation. Especially in advance of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge, which we know are going to have FPs run out well in advance of the 60-day mark!

Last edited:
This is really strange to me. I have been one of those on the kick of "I'm probably done staying on property because the prices are so extreme and I can get nicer rooms for half the price off site." One of the biggest draw backs previously was the lack of quality transportation to and from the parks. Those hotel Blvd. hotels solved that. Really the only 2 thing left that makes on site worth it at all are the Magic Express (though I don't fly) and the 60 day window. You can pretty easily justify staying offsite without the Magic Express by taking an uber or renting a car and still being under the cost of a moderate, but now you are going to get rid of the other big perk? Not sure how I'm going to justify staying onsite anymore.

I like this move (but I will probably be in the minority on this site). I have stayed both on and offsite, and I think this move is "fairer" to those who can't afford to stay on Disney property or those who are not able to plan vacations 6+ months in advance. I think in Disney's mind it will encourage people to take more frequent short trips in slow seasons rather than less frequent long, extended stays. The hotel price increases on-property have been pretty drastic in the last few years even at the value resorts and I think it keeps off-siters from feeling like second class guests. Everyone should be able to enjoy Disney's new and popular attractions.

I like this move (but I will probably be in the minority on this site). I have stayed both on and offsite, and I think this move is "fairer" to those who can't afford to stay on Disney property or those who are not able to plan vacations 6+ months in advance. I think in Disney's mind it will encourage people to take more frequent short trips in slow seasons rather than less frequent long, extended stays. The hotel price increases on-property have been pretty drastic in the last few years even at the value resorts and I think it keeps off-siters from feeling like second class guests. Everyone should be able to enjoy Disney's new and popular attractions.

I've never stayed at any of the Disney Springs area hotels, but are they really that much cheaper than Pop? At any rate, opening it up to so many people devalues the "perk" way too much IMO. I agree that everyone should have a chance to experience the new rides. But there is only so much capacity, and I'd rather have a proven method for obtaining fastpasses than a lottery system or a crap shoot. Disney is going to do what is best for them, and hopefully than means taking guest satisfaction into account so I'll wait and see what the full plan is here before I make any judgment. But to your point, I'd like for the system to be fair to everyone. I don't think a system where AP holders have zero chance of getting FP for the new rides is very fair.

I've never stayed at any of the Disney Springs area hotels, but are they really that much cheaper than Pop? At any rate, opening it up to so many people devalues the "perk" way too much IMO. I agree that everyone should have a chance to experience the new rides. But there is only so much capacity, and I'd rather have a proven method for obtaining fastpasses than a lottery system or a crap shoot. Disney is going to do what is best for them, and hopefully than means taking guest satisfaction into account so I'll wait and see what the full plan is here before I make any judgment. But to your point, I'd like for the system to be fair to everyone. I don't think a system where AP holders have zero chance of getting FP for the new rides is very fair.

There are lots of inexpensive "Good neighbor" hotels near to disney not just in the Disney Springs Area. Not sure if they will get the 60 day FP like the Disney Springs area resorts. I can find Choice hotels with the "good neighbor" tag with rates easily $50-100 less a night than pop or the all stars... Im not disputing that AP's are getting a raw deal, but the prices in the Disney's value category have really gotten inflated, Im struggling to justify costs for future trips. Disney's Discounts are also getting harder and harder to use.

That's what I assume - otherwise no reason to give this perk away for nothing

maybe those hotels were having trouble competing vs cheaper off site options so willing to pay a little extra for this

Agreed. VRBO etc are quite popular as well.

That's what I assume - otherwise no reason to give this perk away for nothing

maybe those hotels were having trouble competing vs cheaper off site options so willing to pay a little extra for this

And the Springs hotels I'm sure have a measurable financial impact on Disney Springs. I guess Disney would want to help fill those rooms vs those a little further out. A pretty strong mutual benefit.

Ah! Great thought. Rule number 1: Always follow the money.

I can't even imagine what this will do to availability for Star Wars attractions. :faint: I guess everyone can just hang out in their resorts playing with their dogs instead. ;)

Yep, unless your in the Star Wars Hotel of course.

This is really strange to me. I have been one of those on the kick of "I'm probably done staying on property because the prices are so extreme and I can get nicer rooms for half the price off site." One of the biggest draw backs previously was the lack of quality transportation to and from the parks. Those hotel Blvd. hotels solved that. Really the only 2 thing left that makes on site worth it at all are the Magic Express (though I don't fly) and the 60 day window. You can pretty easily justify staying offsite without the Magic Express by taking an uber or renting a car and still being under the cost of a moderate, but now you are going to get rid of the other big perk? Not sure how I'm going to justify staying onsite anymore.

having not stayed there just curious how it was solved by those hotels? Just better shuttles or that you can get to Springs easy and then take Disney transportation from there? Or just now Uber?

BTW - do we know if it is just straight 60 days they will get or will they get the "60 days out from your first night you can book all the FP for your stay" think you get? I know for things like Flight of Passage even 60 days our was hard to get a FP but at like 63 days out (so 3 days into your stay) it was much easier
I would assume it will be like the Disney hotels.

I would assume it will be like the Disney hotels.

ok, just wondering if is that slight difference it would still provide a benefit to staying at the Disney hotels - especially for things like Flight of Passage and (I would assume) the Star Wars attractions - but still give these hotels a benefit vs other off site hotesl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!