Good and the Bad of 2/22-3/1????

jmkst58

DIS Veteran
Well.....last minute trip before my baby comes in June...........hee hee

I was seriously considering 2/22-3/1. Anyone else? Anyone else been here at this same time? Any advantages/disadvantages?

Weather? Crowds? Cheerleaders? Other events? Closings?

I'm so 'on the fence' about this trip but it will be soooo long before we get to go again.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I am also considering dates very close to yours. I'm concerned about President's week, although the President's weekend will be over. I went in March 2001, the 2nd week, and found it very crowded, too crowded for me. We usually go in May which is less crowded and hot. In March I was hoping for a little bit warmer weather, I guess it was about 80 but we didn't see the sun a lot, I think it just happened to be fairly cloudy while we were there. The cheerleaders never bothered me - I hardly saw them, except in the lobby of our resort (PO-R) one morning and at MGM. I didn't notice any groups of them on the rides or any bad behavior.
The only closing I noted was Voyage of the Little Mermaid (MGM), I believe until March 1.

My trip is also a last minute kind of thing, and I'm thinking of taking my 3 kids - DD14, DS7, DS4, without DH. Anyone have any thoughts on this? We are currently having our kitchen remodeled, and thought DH maybe should stay home to supervise it. Also and more importantly, the trip will be far less costly without DH - he likes sit down restaurants and would be at ESPN every night. Since my remodeling budget went out the window by about $10,000, I feel like throwing caution to the wind and just going. What's another $2,000 when I'm spending a gazillion on my kitchen? Oops, it seems I've gotten off track here.
Cheryl

Good point about President's week? *Hope that crowd will be gone by that Sat? And the 'March' people don't come until the day I leave?*

Being pregnant....I could handle the 80 degrees. I went in April last year.....and whewww....it was sooooooo hot...unseasonable, though, I heard. Just don't want that again...at any cost.

THANKS SO MUCH!!! Good luck with the remodel. I am definitely 'throwing caution to the wind' with this one too. I'm usually such a financially responsible person.......until it comes to Disney....... :-)

I know all about DH adding to the budget too.....LOL......so funny.

We were there the same time last year. The weather ranged from 55-80. The crowds were light. We did every thing we wanted. One day it was a little chilly but we were at MGM and managed just fine... I would go the same time every year but the kids are getting a little too old to take out of school. Good Luck.

This has been our week to go for many years. Weather can be anything. Watch weather.com starting 10 days prior. Crowds are not bad at all. Longest wait is usually 30 minutes for TT. There have been cheerleaders around but they didn't affect the parks and were not staying where we stayed. You'll have a good trip!

We'll also be there during that week. I'm getting alittle
nervous because we are driving down from NH. We thought
we'd try a different time of year and see what it's like leaving
our NE weather.

Thanks again guys. I feel better. The weather leaving PA has me a bit worried too, but I can't help it. I have to go....... :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter