Going to Sea World in August..Have a few ?'s.

DisneyBliss7

''Ohana means family''
We are going to Sea World next month, we haven't been since 2006, so it feels like our first time! Anything I should know? We are driving up from HHI Tuesday morning and staying at The Grove Resort and Spa in Orlando. We are going to visit SW on Wednesday, the park closes at 6:00pm that day. I hope that gives us enough time! Do you think it will be busy in mid August? Anything specific we should do first?

I suggest you read some of the trip reports to learn how others spent their day at sw

The trip report forum has helped many with how to juggle their day there to catch the various shows

Also take a read at gina gina bo bina thread about her trip to SeaWorld

It is a few posts down from your questions

The southern kids go back to school in mid-August. If your visit is before school is back in session, it will still be very busy at SW. If your visit falls after the Florida kids have gone back to class, it should be somewhat more manageable (especially on weekdays). I'm not certain what date the local counties kick off the school year in the Orlando area.

You will get quite a few northern visitors at that time of year, as most students up here don't go back to school until after Labor Day.

If the new Infinity Falls is open by the time you visit, I'd definitely plan to go there early in the day before the crowds swell. Manta, Mako, Kraken and Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin also tend to get lengthier lines as the day goes on so should be done at park opening or shortly after to minimize wait times.

Definitely try to see Dolphin Days, One Ocean, and the Clyde & Seamore show....they are all awesome.

Plan to spend $10 on animal food: it will be money well spent. Trays of fish are $5 each or 3 for $10, so that $10 purchase will allow you to feed the sea lions and seals, the sharks, and the sting rays. Super fun.

If you're going to be there all day long, consider purchasing the dining plan. One restaurant serves a continental breakfast (cereal, muffins, croissants, danishes, and fresh fruit) and then you can dine once per hour (one entree, one side or dessert) for the balance of the day. Lots of different choices: barbecue platters, fajitas, Asian dishes, pasta, fried chicken, burgers, wraps, subs, pizza, and even fresh pretzels. Sides range from fruit to cake to massive pickles to fresh salads. Beverages are unlimited and in the heat of August, you could easily drink your plan value in bottled water over the course of a full park day.

If you wanted to add an affordable extra to your day, consider the Dolphin Encounter. It is $15 a person but you get to touch and interact with a dolphin.....and park photographers capture some great photos if you want to purchase one.

I’m in Georgia and school starts up
August 2 or whenever the first week begins that month

So unknown how crowded it will be for you mid August

Yep- agree with @macraven - definitely read @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina's trip report. She has amazing pictures and details. I'm studying it as we are planning to purchase annual passes for Sea World this fall- it's been a few years since our last visit!

Check the calendar again./ We are going next month and the park is opened until 9:30 (but this is a friday of Labor Day weekend

Check the calendar again./ We are going next month and the park is opened until 9:30 (but this is a friday of Labor Day weekend

Times were extended in Aug. Electric Ocean was added to 12 more days (so it's now Aug 1-12, plus all Fridays, instead of being just Sat/Sun)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter