Going to new york, airport transfer advice???

sam_rogers

painting with all the colours of the wind
me and dh are off to nyc in february and I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of how to get from JFK to a hotel near times square? The shared shuttles seem to have awful reviews and I don't want to pay a fortune. I'm also looking at the airtrain to Jamaica then on to Penn Street Station but I'm aware we'll have to lug suitcases up to 43rd street :rotfl::rotfl:

Uber, taxi, super shuttle, or LIRR to penn station then taxi are all options. We just Uber or Taxi but have had friends who come and visit you have done the train or super shuttle. You can also take the blue subway line straight to port authority which is relatively close to Times Square.

the port authority is actually a better option than penn!! Thanks for the info :goodvibes

How did you find them? I've looked at that company as an option but there's some not so good reviews...

How did you find them? I've looked at that company as an option but there's some not so good reviews...

Both there and back the cars were on time. They didn't really speak much but the only thing I didn't like was when we were getting out of the car, each time the driver held out his hand waiting for a tip. I already had $10 ready to give them but didn't like that they "expected" it and held out their hand without uttering a word. Maybe that's just because it was the first time I used a taxi/car service in the USA and that's how it maybe normally is, but found it strange and a little rude.
Please dont let that put you off though as overall they were great, just be prepared for a hand to appear at the end of your journey :confused3

Carmel is hit or miss. We stopped using them after 1 particularly bad experience. We paid for a Lincoln town car but what we got was a beat up family van covered in cookies and stains and a driver that was 30 minutes late.

To be honest the NYC Yellow Taxi's are more then safe and since you are going to a hotel in Times Square you can just tell them the hotel name. From JFK it'll be about 60 USD for the trip.

We flew into Newark and used Uber to get to Manhattan. Our driver told us that it can take up to 2 hours at times to get from JFK to Manhattan. But it's still safer than the trains!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter