Glo's Wish trip PTR

Glo's wish

Mouseketeer
:)Hi all! I have to say that I am the most computer illiterate person I know so I have no idea if I am doing this right or not! :confused3 I have learned so much already about what to expect on our wish trip by "lurking" on other's TR's. I do have a lot of questions so even though I dont have dates yet I thought I get a start on the PTR.
Let me start my introducing everyone.:goodvibes My name is Jeanie and I am a single mom to four wonderful kids. Sil (aka:Silly) DS17, Max (DS11), Sam (DS9), and our wish kid Gloria Joy (DD6).
Let me give you a little background on Glo. She was born full term with VACTERL Association. This is an acronym for an association (hence the name) of multiple birth deffects that can be seen together. Often kids will only have 2-3 of the birth deffects, but Glo has all 7. V= vertebrae Glo is missing the lower part of her spine, has had a tethered spinal cord, and has a cyst in her spinal column. A= she had an imperferated anus which has resulted in more bowel surgeries and toileting issues than I care to count. C= Cardiac. Glo had open heart surgery just before turning 1, and will have another in a few years. TE= Tracheal/Esophogeal fistula. Glo's trachea and esophogus were connected at birth so anything we would have tried feeding her would have gone directly to her lungs. Nothing was hooked up to her stomach. R=renal. Glo has one functioning kidney and one that is non-functioning. She has very frequent kidney infections. L=limb differences. Glo has had several hip surgeries for hip dysplasia, and surgery on both hands. Gloria also has very severe asthma.
Sorry to be writing a novel here, but I have a lot of questions about meds, feeding equipment, wheelchairs, ect.. I have not traveled much with Gloria in the past 4 yrs since her care has been more involved. I have no idea what to expect!:confused3 I think I may need a few more sets of hands to help haul it all!!:laughing:
Oh, by the way Glo's wish was to go to WDW!:cheer2: None of us have ever been, so we are SUPER excited. It sounds like we will hopefully be staying at GKTW.:banana:
Well I better wake Glo up and get to work!!! I look forward to any advice you can send my way!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter