Getting to Walmart from International Drive (No Car)

djb2002

Earning My Ears
We will be based on International Drive and would like to visit the Walmart Superstore. - I believe there are 2 large ones fairly nearby - John Young, and Kirkman Blvd.

I believe one of the buses runs from International Drive to Walmart.

Does anyone know which one it is ? - Or taken the bus to Walmart ?

Any advice/experience would be appreciated.

Thanks
Daniel

Sorry i can't help with busses.But i think the one at john young was larger than the other.But it was about 4 year since i was at those stores.

Sorry i can't help with busses.But i think the one at john young was larger than the other.But it was about 4 year since i was at those stores.

Thanks for the info.

I'm probably going to go to the one eariest to get to using the bus (Although if they are similar to get to, I would prefer the larger one - John Young, as you say.

Anyone else know about the buses ?

Thanks
Daniel

2 to 3 mile to john young one.If you go on walmart site and use store locator you can find the nearest and what dept they have at each store.

woops silly me just noticed its across the busy I4 Sorry guess the other nearest 1 is on the South John Young Parkway

There's a huge (and relatively new) Wal-Mart on SR535 just past Lake Buena Vista Outlets.

It's not initially handy for I-Drive but you could get the trolley bus to the Premium Outlets (not LBV outlets) and then try and get a cab from there - or get a cab all the way !

Garry

You are prob best to just get a taxi to the Wal-Mart on John Young Parkway, it will cost you no more than $10 each way from Pointe Orlando. :thumbsup2

Simon.

You are prob best to just get a taxi to the Wal-Mart on John Young Parkway, it will cost you no more than $10 each way from Pointe Orlando. :thumbsup2

Simon.

Are there any other stores in walking distance from Wal-Mart on John Young Parkway ?

A taxi sounds ok if it will only be around $10 each way.

Thanks
Daniel

Hi,
Depending on where on I-Drive you are I think the new Walmart on Turkey Lake Road would be the closest. From the Quality Inn Int. it's just over 1 1/2 miles according to mapquest.

Mick.

:cool2:

Sounds very complicated - As does their website :(

Is it as difficult as it sounds ?

Thanks
Daniel

Hi Daniel,
Sorry never used the buses! Just know the locals use the Lynx system quite alot.
Did you know there is a new WalMart just the other side othe I4??
Its address is: 8990 Turkey Lake Road, Orlando, FL 32819.

See link (i put a Lake Buena Vista hotel zip code in to search for it)

http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator...arch_state=&sfsearch_zip=32836&sfsearch_city=

Its near to the Big MacDonalds, just off Sand Lake Road.
It only opened last summer and is a superstore... that would be your nearest in fact I remember seeing some people walking to it.. but it would be a very cheap taxi ride away!
Hope this helps

Tracy

I think it would be alot easier to just get a cab. Worth it just for the money you save in the shop. We got a bus the first year but now hire a car. I never thought I would be brave enough to drive there but now I wouldn't dream of going without a car. Its very easy. The best Walmart is the one near LBV.

Hi

We stayed in disney and used the lynx bus from the transportation and ticket centre it drops you right outside of the store.

We went to the one in kissimee by bus and the one on 535 polynesian drive, but we took a taxi there it cost 14 dollars each way.

I found the one on Sand Lake Rd. on Google Earth but another excellent resource is http://www.orlando-internationaldrive.com/map/

On that site you can view I-Drive from above so to speak and see where everything is laid out, plus there is a section for British travelers and a walk through of MCO once you land. It's a fun site if your planning your first trip :) although it doesn't help to much in Finding Walmart.

Regarding Walmart we did make the trek on our first year using the Linx. I wouldn't do that again as it did take up half the day just store visit alone and it was quite a trek through streets that were a bit of nightmare before we even got to Walmart after we got off the bus. However this wasn't the new superstore but instead an older one nearby. Next time I'm thinking of maybe taking the Linx there and then getting a taxi back when we are loaded down with our purchases :goodvibes .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter