Gay Days w/ children

Having seen a couple of references in this thread about Pete's editorial on Gay Days, I'm wondering if it isn't time to get Pete to go back and do a second look.

I've had the good fortune to have dinner with Pete and his partner and they are both really nice folks to talk with. He will be one of the first to tell you that his opinions (sometimes they are rants) are just that - his opinions - and that everybody needs to experience it themselves.

Perhaps we can get the entire podcast crew (which includes 2 gay couples, a non-gay mom&dad couple, a married mom with 3 children and a single female) to do at least the MK on that Saturday. It would make a good podcast episode.

Jeff, I think it would be awesome for the entire podcast crew to go to MK on Saturday of Gay Days and do a report. I definitely think Pete's review is dated and should be refreshed.

Jeff, I think it would be awesome for the entire podcast crew to go to MK on Saturday of Gay Days and do a report. I definitely think Pete's review is dated and should be refreshed.

I think I'll start working on them. <email sent>

I think I'll start working on them. <email sent>

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Good on ya :) Let us know if you can talk him into it. I know as a straight couple hubby and I are really looking forward to going and hanging out and neither of us have any preconceived perception that GD at WDW will be anything but great family fun :thumbsup2 appropriate to the location.

I haven't been on here in awhile & wow it exploded. I'm so excited to be going w/DS. He has no idea what fun he's gonna have. He soooooo doesn't want to go camping. Can't wait for him to see all the SW characters. He's gonna flip out.

We have not been to WDW but we have been to Gay Day's at Disneyland.

When our oldest could read we got a little nervous about what some shirts would say. We saw a group of about 10 that all had shirts with Chip & Dale that said something about "official nut checker." Our daughter said how nice it was that they all dressed alike.:)

Oh and the one that made hubby spit out his soda. It just had these lyrics from Beauty & The Beast printed on it "Barely even friends, then somebody bends unexpectedly........"

That song makes us smile every-time we hear it.

We have not been to WDW but we have been to Gay Day's at Disneyland.

When our oldest could read we got a little nervous about what some shirts would say. We saw a group of about 10 that all had shirts with Chip & Dale that said something about "official nut checker." Our daughter said how nice it was that they all dressed alike.:)

Oh and the one that made hubby spit out his soda. It just had these lyrics from Beauty & The Beast printed on it "Barely even friends, then somebody bends unexpectedly........"That song makes us smile every-time we hear it.

:lmao::lmao: Oh lord that's funny!!!

The only thing I'm worried about is we're only going to be in MK for Gay Days. The other days in the parks we'll be there with a lot of non-gays. And I worry about the kids, I mean we're trying to bring them up right but DD likes Justin Bieber and DS has a crush on a well, a girl. But, we'll make the best of it:goodvibes

As for hating you Wally, we'd have to see in person, but others (OM) have outed you for sounding like you're a nice guy.

This is a very serious concern. How are you going to explain it if some straight couple start kissing in line in front of your children?

This is a very serious concern. How are you going to explain it if some straight couple start kissing in line in front of your children?

Well they know that everyone's different and some of our best friends are straight. So, while we may not condone that kind of behavior we need to be accepting of all.:goodvibes

(they are at the age where they think kissing is disgusting (my girl is 11 so she can think that as long as she wants)

Hi highly doubt C&G'sMama will have any issue with that... it's the point isn't it? Equality... we are not trying to trade one right for another -- that's a big step backward not forward.

THERS JUST MORE AND MORE KID'S GOING, THAT;S JUST WONDERFUL, THEY WILL ALL HAVE SUCH A GREAT TIME:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter