Gay Couple by themselves, Without Kids, On Disney Cruise Lines ?

We take our vacationing very, very seriously!! A few weeks ago there was even talk of someone putting together a powerpoint presentation! :lmao::lmao: Seriously, though...we're gonna be on that ship for 2 full weeks and many of us have been planning this trip since the fall of 2008....so over-planning it is a way to keep ourselves busy and motivated and remind ourselves that we're going on the trip! :goodvibes

Don't let us scare ya though....you can choose to or not to participate in any of the crazy planning.....we don't judge! ;)

And, in truth, Jason and I only do some of the more basic DIS stuff....so we do lanyards, we'll probably get the Tshirts, we do fish extender exchanges, we're going to attend the PJ breakfast at Lumiere's & we try to link up for dining with other DIS friends-----but beyond that we aren't doing all the tastings (neither of us drink), other get togethers, etc. and we're skipping Secret Mickey exchange (we have enough to carry over and back :lmao:) and we're doing all our excursions on our own.

(And I'm sure we don't put that much more planning into our DCL trips than lots of people put into their Gay Days trips! :lmao::lmao:)

We take our vacationing very, very seriously!! A few weeks ago there was even talk of someone putting together a powerpoint presentation! :lmao::lmao: Seriously, though...we're gonna be on that ship for 2 full weeks and many of us have been planning this trip since the fall of 2008....so over-planning it is a way to keep ourselves busy and motivated and remind ourselves that we're going on the trip! :goodvibes

Don't let us scare ya though....you can choose to or not to participate in any of the crazy planning.....we don't judge! ;)

And, in truth, Jason and I only do some of the more basic DIS stuff....so we do lanyards, we'll probably get the Tshirts, we do fish extender exchanges, we're going to attend the PJ breakfast at Lumiere's & we try to link up for dining with other DIS friends-----but beyond that we aren't doing all the tastings (neither of us drink), other get togethers, etc. and we're skipping Secret Mickey exchange (we have enough to carry over and back :lmao:) and we're doing all our excursions on our own.

(And I'm sure we don't put that much more planning into our DCL trips than lots of people put into their Gay Days trips! :lmao::lmao:)

Well it's amazing - all that effort - good for you :thumbsup2
Have a blast - you earned it in the planning alone. :)

So, Michael (and Marc) you'll have to start booking all your cruises with us in the future! :rotfl2:

As we were both working (Marc's now retired and, well, so am I now - retired sounds so much better than unemployed!) we could only do 4-day cruises so while there was DIS cruise-meet activity it never went to this level! LOL

Now that we're moving south of the border we're definitely going to be searching out those longer cruises!!!! LOTS of time on our hands!

Michael

As we were both working (Marc's now retired and, well, so am I now - retired sounds so much better than unemployed!) we could only do 4-day cruises so while there was DIS cruise-meet activity it never went to this level! LOL

Now that we're moving south of the border we're definitely going to be searching out those longer cruises!!!! LOTS of time on our hands!

Michael

Fabulous....our next 3 cruises are already booked after this Fall. We're doing the Repo from LA to Vancouver and then B2B with the first Alaska next April/May and then we're also doing the Labor Day 2011 cruise on the Dream.

I have really enjoyed reading this thread and have learned a lot. I am thinking about booking the 7 night Western Caribbean for me and my partner in Jan 2012 - and wasnt sure about travelling as a lesbian couple. But all concerns are gone and I cant wait for the bookings to open in the fall.

Just a general question - is it advisable to book the cruise as early as you can? :confused3

Thanks

I have really enjoyed reading this thread and have learned a lot. I am thinking about booking the 7 night Western Caribbean for me and my partner in Jan 2012 - and wasnt sure about travelling as a lesbian couple. But all concerns are gone and I cant wait for the bookings to open in the fall.

Just a general question - is it advisable to book the cruise as early as you can? :confused3

Thanks

We have completed 7 DCL cruises and it has always been better to book as early as possible as the prices only increase over time. It is also good to book your next cruise on board to get the discount and Onboard credit. You can book a dummy cruise if you are unsure when you intend to cruise next. You will just move the date up until you pick a date you want to cruise. Enjoy your vacation.

I've just stumbled upon this website and thread and am so glad I did! I've completely enjoyed reading it and learning about others' positive experiences. My girlfriend and I are set to go on our very first solo cruise this October on the Magic and I was getting a little nervous as to how well we'd be recieved. The only other cruise we'd been on together so far was another Disney one (which was amazing) but it was part of a large party.

A general question, though ... are there any new(ish) forum boards for specific cruises or anything like that? The general one I found for the Oct. 16th sail date that I'm going on was already so well established!

Thanks.

I've just stumbled upon this website and thread and am so glad I did! I've completely enjoyed reading it and learning about others' positive experiences. My girlfriend and I are set to go on our very first solo cruise this October on the Magic and I was getting a little nervous as to how well we'd be recieved. The only other cruise we'd been on together so far was another Disney one (which was amazing) but it was part of a large party.

A general question, though ... are there any new(ish) forum boards for specific cruises or anything like that? The general one I found for the Oct. 16th sail date that I'm going on was already so well established!

Thanks.

Do you mean are there meet threads for specific cruises for people who join up later? who haven't been a part of a thread that's been going on for a while?

I'm pretty sure the answer to that would be no. I'm pretty sure the Mods try to keep it so each cruise date has only one meet thread----so it's very unlikely that there would be any other meet thread than the one you've already found (which, it doesn't surprise me, has been going strong for a long time....we DISers and DCL cruisers are a high octane bunch, sometimes and sometimes we create threads for cruises even before the cruises go on sale!! :lmao:).

That said, however-----my suggestion woudl be to go to the existing meet thread and jump right in! Post a message introducing yourself and start getting involved. All the meet threads I've ever been on have been very open and welcoming to people who join late or who just lurk and read over time and don't actually post until much closer to the actual trip....so I bet they'd love to have you join in!

So just from reading this thread, i see at least 3 gay couples on the back to back Repo/Alaska for next year. I'll eventually get onto that meet board too, as soon as everything settles down here.

So just from reading this thread, i see at least 3 gay couples on the back to back Repo/Alaska for next year. I'll eventually get onto that meet board too, as soon as everything settles down here.

Oh...Chris and Rob......how lovely to see you posting!! I know I suck at keeping in touch but we have been thinking about you.....especially as we continue our planning towards the Sept. cruise which, sadly, you wont' be on with us. :sad1: :sad1:

We love you and miss you, though....and we can't wait to see you on the repo and Alaskan cruise next year!!:love::love:

Thanks.

My partner and I are on the cruise right after your. Please jump into the current thread. I am sure they will welcome you without issue. I have been a member of several threads and have been open about my relationship. Never has there been an issue. You will most likely find a great group of folks who are in the process of making some even grater plans. Enjoy your cruise!

Oh...Chris and Rob......how lovely to see you posting!! I know I suck at keeping in touch but we have been thinking about you.....especially as we continue our planning towards the Sept. cruise which, sadly, you wont' be on with us. :sad1: :sad1:

We love you and miss you, though....and we can't wait to see you on the repo and Alaskan cruise next year!!:love::love:

We'll miss you guys on that repo as we're going to be taking the Repo SOUTH back to L.A. from Vancouver in September.

Michael

I just read this thread and wanted to say how great it is!!! I have been on one DC last Mar with people I used to work with and now my good Frenchmickey and I will be going on his first cruise on Nov 18!!!! I love DCL and I am so looking forward to it :)

We actually took our son with us, hard to imagine going on a Disney Cruise without him. Although he is 15 so spent 90% of the time in the teen clubs, so we were basically alone for the most part, and had a terrific time. With that being said we would LOVE to go on an all adult gay cruise, and since Disney is who we love, it would be so cool if they would offer at least a few all adult gay cruises a year. That way everyone could be a little more relaxed with clothing, activities, etc. Disney has always been gay friendly in the parks, it would only be reasonable for that to carry over to the cruise side of operations. We're young, and although I'm sure it wouldn't be as wild as other cruise lines, I'm sure that fun could be had by all especially in the state rooms ;) :love1:
:rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!