FYI - No Chefs de France on 2007 DDP

ColoradoDisneyFan

Mouseketeer
Just called this morning to make ADRs for first week of January. I could not book Chefs de France for the DDP according to CM. She said it was not going to be included on the DDP for 2007. Just wanted everyone to be aware of that change!

Boo hiss.

Thanks for letting us know.....but I don't have to be happy about the change. WOnder what other great places aren't going to be included.

it was one of our favorite TS restaurants. They could make a grilled ham and cheese taste like it was really something special and the french onion soup...yummy! Oh well, we'll gladly pay oop.

interesting, i hope they don't start seriously restricting the amount of restaurants you can eat at or i won't be doing the plan next year

it could be because CdeF isn't run by Disney and therefore has the option of opting out, just like Teppanyaki does with the DDE. (just my thought)

I guess what I meant was --why even exercise the option?? Not a great way to win friends or influence people!!

So, those of us with ADRs for the remainder of this year will still be able to use the DDP at Chefs? I hope so, or I'm going to have to make a change.

I wonder if by any chance the CM Colorado Disney Fan spoke with made a mistake. Perhaps confused Le Bistro with Chefs? :confused3 Or since the plan isn't officially released yet, maybe everything doesn't show up?

I think I will wait for more reports. Otherwise, I agree....why???

Most of the Epcot WS restaurants are not owned or managed by Disney. Therefore it is up to the restaurant management to decide if they should or should not participate. If they are losing money, then I think we will see more and more leaving the plan.

hhmmm.... Interesting. But not overly surprised. I am not sure, but I don't know that any restaurants have to accept the plan. :confused3 And if they were not making as much, and can fill the place anyway, guess that makes sense. Or I could see them deciding to go up to a two credit pp meal.
Maybe that will be a place where getting ADRs will be easier.
It will be interesting to see if any others follow suit, or if Chefs works something out.
Pepper Market also does not accept the DDE. But I think they do the DDP. You would think they would accept DDE too. :confused3

I always wanted to try chefs but never got around to it. I think I will call tomorrow and make a ADR for lunch. Is lunch here good?
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Luv2Roam said:
hhmmm....
Pepper Market also does not accept the DDE. But I think they do the DDP. You would think they would accept DDE too. :confused3

The only resort restaraunts you can use the DDE at, are the ones that don't have a sit down restaraunt (the values and POFQ). With the Maya Grill being present, the Pepper Market (food court) doesn't have to accept DDE.

Uncleromulus said:
I guess what I meant was --why even exercise the option?? Not a great way to win friends or influence people!!
Maybe they've gotten the impression that the people who use the Dining Plan aren't the kind of people they really want to win as friends or influence as people! :lmao: Seriously, I suspect that a few bad apples have made it questionable for some of the restaurants whether offering the Dining Plan is a good thing or not.

I'll be interested in hearing any confirmation or refution of this, as it was our plan to use the Dining Plan at Chefs de France in February.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter