Future Trends for VGC resale?

I'm honestly surprised about this. They have a giant waitlist of people willing to pay direct point money. You would think it'd be an easy $50-$70 a point for them to just ROFR most contracts and sell them direct to get the wait list down.

Yeah I wonder the same thing. I was worried that my contract for 100 points at $225/pp was going to be in trouble, but it passed in about 2 weeks. If they have buyers lined up for something why not ROFR a bit, then offer them up for a quick buck. Only reason they may not want to is to increase VDH sales if they are worried about taking too long to sell out🤷‍♂️

No. someone here reported buying direct points last year.

Disney very rarely has points to sell. They never ROFR it, so any points they get are surrenders or non-payment. A perusal of the OC/FL database taught me that those are pretty common the first 5-7 years of a resort (Disney was acquiring 20-30 contracts each month for Poly alone in 2019, without ROFRing a single contract), but VGC is old enough that those should be relatively rare.

But when it does happen, you better believe they’re gonna sell the points.
I purchased 97 points direct earlier this year. Others have purchased points in smaller and larger amounts based on availability.

Yeah I wonder the same thing. I was worried that my contract for 100 points at $225/pp was going to be in trouble, but it passed in about 2 weeks. If they have buyers lined up for something why not ROFR a bit, then offer them up for a quick buck. Only reason they may not want to is to increase VDH sales if they are worried about taking too long to sell out🤷‍♂️
IMO it’s a terrible business decision not to ROFR VGC when there is demand at $310 and you can get the points for $225. Where else could they make that kind of spread in the DVC system….

IMO it’s a terrible business decision not to ROFR VGC when there is demand at $310 and you can get the points for $225. Where else could they make that kind of spread in the DVC system….
I begged my rep to get me 50-80 VGC points, & she just kept saying no dice (..how about VDH. lol), so i had no choice but to buy resale VGC.

I think that’s correct. We’d add on small contracts here and there—but they REALLY like pivoting to VDH, even after I politely explain I would never buy it with resale restrictions. I wonder if they will start ROFRing VGC after VDH gets ahead of its sales goals?
What if they were to do a BPK style flip of the Adventureland Tower into DVC so that you could get rooms that actually have a fireworks view… Maybe even a DVC-Y lounge where they do paid desert/fireworks parties….

What if they were to do a BPK style flip of the Adventureland Tower into DVC so that you could get rooms that actually have a fireworks view… Maybe even a DVC-Y lounge where they do paid desert/fireworks parties….
That’s a tough one…I think it would be more appealing to me after I was certain that Disneyland Forward was extending at least one park to the west of DL Drive and there would be a park entrance that didn’t require transiting DTD or VGC. We enjoyed our stay at VDH this month and I think it may make sense for some people, but I would be spending time there wishing I was at VGC…though I do find their tiki bar and its terrace to be one of my favorite places in all of DLR.

I think we are situated differently than the average DVC buyer because of my physical limitations…the less time we spend in transit (walking or riding) the more time we actually enjoy in the parks.

I begged my rep to get me 50-80 VGC points, & she just kept saying no dice (..how about VDH. lol), so i had no choice but to buy resale VGC.

I tried with mine for about 6 months. I finally gave up. I've read you have more luck on site and getting a CA guide. It has to have something to do with legal, as we've seen them snap up contracts at other resorts for less margin before.

No. someone here reported buying direct points last year.
We bought direct earlier this year - 170 VGC points. We wandered into the DL DVC lounge and asked the guide if he had VGC points, expecting him to snicker and try to sell us VDH but instead he had 170 points (we were looking for around 150-175). We were tired of playing 7 month roulette - going unpopular times, walking and hoping an owner didn’t swoop in, etc. it was a great feeling to book at 11 months and be done.

I tried with mine for about 6 months. I finally gave up. I've read you have more luck on site and getting a CA guide. It has to have something to do with legal, as we've seen them snap up contracts at other resorts for less margin before.
Same for me re VGC. I got tired of waiting, and resale VGC isn't bad at all since I only plan on using those points at VGC.

That’s a tough one…I think it would be more appealing to me after I was certain that Disneyland Forward was extending at least one park to the west of DL Drive and there would be a park entrance that didn’t require transiting DTD or VGC. We enjoyed our stay at VDH this month and I think it may make sense for some people, but I would be spending time there wishing I was at VGC…though I do find their tiki bar and its terrace to be one of my favorite places in all of DLR.

I think we are situated differently than the average DVC buyer because of my physical limitations…the less time we spend in transit (walking or riding) the more time we actually enjoy in the parks.
Trader Sam’s terrace when there is live music at night is absolutely fabulous. It’s just so small and hard to get into…..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter