Funko Pop Figures?

Tia Whitlow

mouseketia
The last thing I purchased at D23 was one of the Funko Pop treasure boxes and as soon as I opened it up I knew I was hooked. Now I'm just dying to buy more! I recently went to a few stores looking for Pop figures and found very limited Disney ones. Star Wars and Marvel were easy to find, but Disney specific figures were nowhere to be found, at least at the stores I went to!

Does anyone have any tips/tricks when purchasing Pops? Especially for ordering them online?

I have been collecting for quite some time now, Ive been lucky getting them at like game stop, and even amazon. Love collecting my funky pop figures!

Attachments

• IMG_0662.JPG
    IMG_0662.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 15
The last thing I purchased at D23 was one of the Funko Pop treasure boxes and as soon as I opened it up I knew I was hooked. Now I'm just dying to buy more! I recently went to a few stores looking for Pop figures and found very limited Disney ones. Star Wars and Marvel were easy to find, but Disney specific figures were nowhere to be found, at least at the stores I went to!

Does anyone have any tips/tricks when purchasing Pops? Especially for ordering them online?

When buying in the store, I prefer the boxes to be undamaged and no extra stickers. Game Stop is notorious for putting stickers on the boxes. When I buy online I usually buy from: Hot Topic, Target, FYE, Barnes & Noble and most recently from BoxLunch. Most places are pretty good and in the hundreds of Funkos we have, nothing has arrived damaged.

Would you consider yourself an out of box collector or do you keep them in the box? We collect in the box so box appearance is important.

Also if you can get to any type of pop culture/comic convention there are usually vendors selling buy 2 for $20. That is a great deal if you are searching for ones you can't find in a local store.

I have a bunch and sadly had to put them away/stop collecting. We ran out of room. :(

Barnes & Noble always has them, as does Hot Topic. FYE had them, but our local stores went out of business.

Fun note: Funko headquarters is about a half hour from our house, right down the street from where my BF works.

I got most of my collection through Amazon, of all places. For the ones that are still "in print", you can usually get them for less than retail. If you're looking for a rare older one, the prices can spiral out of control pretty quickly (I'm still hunting for an Ursula for under $300).

I got most of my collection through Amazon, of all places. For the ones that are still "in print", you can usually get them for less than retail. If you're looking for a rare older one, the prices can spiral out of control pretty quickly (I'm still hunting for an Ursula for under $300).

My wife has been seeking a Legolas and hasn't managed to find one for less than $700!

Funko also sells mystery box type offerings through its website (https://next.funko.com/). There are a couple of different Disney-related options: Disney Treasures, Smugglers Bounty, and Marvel Collector Corps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!