Fun Waikiki dining

Diasmom

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have a favorite fun dining recommendation for Waikiki? My husband, 16 year old daughter, and I will be staying just a couple nights mid week in Waikiki (without a car yet) before moving to the North Shore and then Aulani.

Dukes is the place. I would call for reservation over using open table, they book up early. Also fun places with ocean views would be Tikis and Cheeseburger in Paradise, the one on Kalakaua. The beach bars at the Moana and Royal Hawaiian are also nice, expensive but special places with music most the time, no reservations first come.

I second at least having a drink at the Moana; it’s been our favorite spot for decades. If they have live music, it’s a must! They have a lovely dining area on the Veranda too, and it’s much more peaceful than Duke’s.

I (lightly) collect tiki mugs, and I really wanted to check out the La Mariana Sailing Club tiki bar, but I could just not fit it in to my two nights in Waikiki.
This place is the definition of fun! We try to take all our out-of-town guests here. The tiki theming is over the top, it’s on the water, and they serve drinks in fishbowls. It’s just so wonderfully cheesy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter