Fun crafts for 12 year old girls?

michelleh1

Mouseketeer
My dd wants to have a craft party for her birthday. I enjoy crafts but I'm mostly into paper crafts. DD wants to do something besides paper crafts.

I'm looking for fun, trendy ideas. What types of necklaces/bracelets are popular right now? What about hair things - bobby pins, headbands, clips, etc? Really, anything that they would enjoy making. Thanks so much!

What about gluing fun yarn onto flip flops? Or decorating flipflops with gems, yarns, etc.

Ducktape bracelets or bows.

We always do make your own cupcakes with tons of toppings!

Take t-shirts at least 1 size too big and let them cut and knot cool designs along with fabric paints and markers.

Do you know of a micro-brewery nearby? I was able to get 50 bottle caps for $1.50 at one here.

I bought images on Etsy and we used one set to make bottle cap necklaces for party favors, a la Hunger Games ;) I ran them through the old Sizzix to flatten them, used the Crop-a-dile to cut a hole in them, and hung a jump ring on to hold the ribbon. We also made some zipper pulls, because we had run out of ribbon and I had the lanyard whoosies too.

DSC_0550.jpg

The other image I bought we used to make magnets out of "page pebbles" from the Dollar store.

DSC_9951.jpg

I used my one-inch circle punch to cut out the images.

While the girls did not actually make them at my house, they could very easily have done so at the party, had we decided to do crafts there.

HTH!

My SIL just made Sharpie Tie Dye shirts with her girls (who are 2 and 6) and my DD15. From what I read online you gather and secure sections of the shirt over a plastic cup with an elastic band, color patterns or shapes with the sharpies then pour rubbing alcohol over it to make them spread out. My DD said they came out pretty cool and you wouldn't have to send the girls home with a wet shirt in a bag to be rinsed out in a day or two.

Food related activities could be decorate your own cookies or cupcakes.

We made several of these necklaces this past weekend with washers and different colored wire! So fun and easy!

necklace.jpg

alwaysursula said:
We made several of these necklaces this past weekend with washers and different colored wire! So fun and easy!

I absolutely LOVE these necklaces! Did you paint the washers or glue them at all? Or did the red wire suffice in keeping them all attached? W
Did you use leather or plastic for the cord?

I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this. I never got a notification about a response.:rolleyes:

Anyway, the first one I did paint with a model glue. Even after several hours of drying, the wire wrapping process just made marks in the paint. Fail. :( The next one I did not paint, put a dab of super glue to hold the ears on and then I wrapped once the glue was dry. It was SO much easier. I actually liked them better unpainted. I bought a multicolor pack of wire(22 g) so we made several for our friends. Some plain, some with gems. The cord is a rubber cord necklace that already has an attachment build in. They came in 3 packs at Hobby Lobby in the jewely section. They worked out perfect! No tying, etc.

Now that I'm getting better I might try to do what I've seen other do as far as putting patterns on them, etc. Such a cute, cheap craft/gift! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter