Full Hook-up Site vs Preferred Site

Shellyb84

DIS Veteran
Just booked a full hook up site for 4 nights in January, that was the only type of site available. We've been to the Fort once before but we had a preferred site. What exactly is the difference? We will be camping in our 34.5 ft travel trailer with our dog.

As Chris said. The sites will be very similar in size. Both have the coquina (sand) pad and the same hook ups. The difference is location. They get to charge extra for being close to the Settlement and the marina with boats to MK and the monorail in the Contemporary. I'm a sucker for location, so I always paid the premium.

You will probably be fine at 34 ft for your trailer. Loop 100 is a smaller loop (but my favorite) and has some tight corners to navigate. My old 5er was about 31 ft and I never had any trouble. The biggest challenge will be if someone across from you has a vehicle sticking into the road.

j

As Chris said. The sites will be very similar in size. Both have the coquina (sand) pad and the same hook ups. The difference is location. They get to charge extra for being close to the Settlement and the marina with boats to MK and the monorail in the Contemporary. I'm a sucker for location, so I always paid the premium.

You will probably be fine at 34 ft for your trailer. Loop 100 is a smaller loop (but my favorite) and has some tight corners to navigate. My old 5er was about 31 ft and I never had any trouble. The biggest challenge will be if someone across from you has a vehicle sticking into the road.

j

Thanks!

We actually like the full hook ups over the preferred. They seem to have more space and not so crowded to your neighbor. We love the 1700 loop which is our favorite, but have also stayed in 1600 & 1800. They are actually not to far from the pool, Trading post and the movie area, you just enter from the backside (by the tennis courts) instead of the front.

We actually like the full hook ups over the preferred. They seem to have more space and not so crowded to your neighbor. We love the 1700 loop which is our favorite, but have also stayed in 1600 & 1800. They are actually not to far from the pool, Trading post and the movie area, you just enter from the backside (by the tennis courts) instead of the front.
I agree with Tltay on spacing in full sites over preferred. Not sure where it is over here but I do know that on Allears you can find a map of the The FORT and at present the full hook up loops are 2100, and the four in the cloverleaf the 1600,1700, 1800 and 1900. We prefer the 1800 and 1600 as they have direct access to the designated dog walking area along the canal. The Meadows complex is not that far away easily walked or biked to and the dog park is a little further down the road. For that we prefer to use a Golf Cart as our oldest isn't too thrilled with that walk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!