Frustrated with Member Servcies

akl-fan

DIS Veteran
So I am at my booking windows today and want to add a day to my current vacation. Studio value at AKV ( Obviously a pretty hard category to get in July). It takes 45 minutes of constant dialling to get into the Q followed by an hour wait to speak to an adviser. I am then informed that they are only dealing with Member cruises this morning and I should call back later. I am so cross as I feel that they all about getting the cruise money in and they don't give a hoot about the members that have paid thousands of dollars for DVC.

Why is there not a dedicated cruise number?

I don't know why I should be treated like a second class person and a member booking a cruise should get first class treatment. Why can't we all be treated the same?

I live in Scotland and it is not easy for me to phone in the evenings. We are 5 hours ahead of Florida time. I realise where I live is not Disney's problem, but the inconvenience of having to be on hold for hours at bed time is not helping my frustration.

I bet if I called wanting to add on points they would find someone to talk to me.

Oh dear - what a rant - I think I need to calm down. I usually love DVC and hate to have negative feelings towards Disney

Rant over............

Katrina

So I am at my booking windows today and want to add a day to my current vacation. Studio value at AKV ( Obviously a pretty hard category to get in July). It takes 45 minutes of constant dialling to get into the Q followed by an hour wait to speak to an adviser. I am then informed that they are only dealing with Member cruises this morning and I should call back later. I am so cross as I feel that they all about getting the cruise money in and they don't give a hoot about the members that have paid thousands of dollars for DVC.

Why is there not a dedicated cruise number?

I don't know why I should be treated like a second class person and a member booking a cruise should get first class treatment. Why can't we all be treated the same?

I live in Scotland and it is not easy for me to phone in the evenings. We are 5 hours ahead of Florida time. I realise where I live is not Disney's problem, but the inconvenience of having to be on hold for hours at bed time is not helping my frustration.

I bet if I called wanting to add on points they would find someone to talk to me.

Oh dear - what a rant - I think I need to calm down. I usually love DVC and hate to have negative feelings towards Disney

Rant over............

Katrina
Today was the booking window for DVC member cruise. It must be booked through member services as many people use their points. To be fair that cruise is probably sold out by now and many members waited an hour or more on hold. If you check member services online their was information that member services would only deal with the cruise until 3pm EST.
I am a DVC member. We have paid thousands, too. So has everyone else that called today to book their cruise.
I'm sorry you had a difficult time. If you call tomorrow I'm sure they will be able to help you.

Yep, I avoided calling today. I actually sent an email last night with a room request.

You should have booked your extra day online then emailed MS to add the day to your existing reservation.

:earsboy: Bill

The booking information was given beforehand on the site.

You should have booked your extra day online then emailed MS to add the day to your existing reservation.

If they were only booking an extra day on the end of their existing reservation they couldn't do it that way. Value studios have been really tough this year. Seems like there are more walkers than ever for them. There were times when on the 11 month opening at 8 am the first five days out were already booked. I had to change my dates around quite a bit to book mine.

If they were only booking an extra day on the end of their existing reservation they couldn't do it that way. Value studios have been really tough this year. Seems like there are more walkers than ever for them. There were times when on the 11 month opening at 8 am the first five days out were already booked. I had to change my dates around quite a bit to book mine.

If the day that they want to add is within the booking window, they can add it online as a separate reservation.

If the day that they want to add is within the booking window, they can add it online as a separate reservation.

Hmm..I'm curious how would I do that? For example, I booked July1st -7th, 2018 in a Value Studio at AKV. I wanted to add the 8th so I had an 8 night reservation. I called July 2nd to add the 8th. I didn't think that I'd be able to do that online. I'm assuming that's what OP was trying to also. I'd love to know how to make that work online. Thanks!

Hmm..I'm curious how would I do that? For example, I booked July1st -7th, 2018 in a Value Studio at AKV. I wanted to add the 8th so I had an 8 night reservation. I called July 2nd to add the 8th. I didn't think that I'd be able to do that online. I'm assuming that's what OP was trying to also. I'd love to know how to make that work online. Thanks!

You can't do that online. The earliest you could book July 8 online would be August 8. But MS can modify a reservation to add July 8 to that existing July reservation as early as August 2.

However, if today were August 8 (or later), then you could book July 8 online and later call MS to merge it with the July reservation. That's what Bill meant by saying if the day you wanted to add was within the booking window you could book it online. OF course, if one is booking value at AKV, availability could be gone if you waited to book online (instead of calling MS earlier).

Yeah, I didn't think so but was hoping for a new trick. I have my days booked. I have been booking value studios for June or July for years and this year has been the toughest.

Thanks for all your replies. I did get it booked when member services opened to everyone else. I could not book on line as I needed the days i already had booked to secure the date I wanted.

The good news was no one else could call Member Services for the date you wanted on Sunday until 3:00. I also think that since you were at the 11 month window, no one could get that 8th day before you since you have the first 7 booked.

Member services has been very frustrating lately. Wait times are exceeding 20 minutes when calling. I wish they would allow you to make changes to your reservation online instead of having to call for all changes.

Katrina
Surprisingly I tried doing that for a month and they would not help me add points. Granted the resort I am trying to add points on is sold out but it took constant calling and finally a compliant when they promised to get back to me and did not in order for them to make an exception and add me to a closed waitlist.

Technically MS services your DVC account, DVD, Disney Vacation Development sells you contracts. They are separate groups under different management.

Technically MS services your DVC account, DVD, Disney Vacation Development sells you contracts. They are separate groups under different management.

I suppose technically you are correct. But I believe the sentiment expressed to which I replied applies

Last edited:
I suppose technically you are correct. But I believe the sentiment express to which I replied applies

True but readers need to know who to talk to for what. Doesn't do any good to talk to MS about buying waitlist issues and it doesn't do any good to talk to your guide about booking issues.

True but readers need to know who to talk to for what. Doesn't do any good to talk to MS about buying waitlist issues and it doesn't do any good to talk to your guide about booking issues.

Perhaps. I didn't think the comment was being taken literally. It was more a comment on my experience and a validation of the comment made earlier. I use the forum as a way to share like experiences and don't necessarily assume the comments are being taken as a guide on who specifically to talk to for sales vs member services.

Perhaps. I didn't think the comment was being taken literally. It was more a comment on my experience and a validation of the comment made earlier. I use the forum as a way to share like experiences and don't necessarily assume the comments are being taken as a guide on who specifically to talk to for sales vs member services.

Understood but the DIS, DVC posts are the defacto guide for thousands of DVC buyers, sellers, and members. Some take it literally, some don't. :teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter