Frightfully Fun October Exercise Challenge

Yay, TEAM!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:We have reached VAMPIRE RED thanks to the numbers you all posted yesterday. Excellent job!!!

PollyannaMom, Shrfleen, and Elizabeth Smith are within a very few minutes of color changes, too, and sophy1996 is edging ever closer to goal. Keep up the great work. I have numbers from yesterday but will wait to combine with tonight's walking at our local zoo.

Continuing with our Disney Halloween list, we have RETURN TO HALLOWEENTOWN (2006 and the last in that series of movies), TWITCHES TOO (2007 sequel to TWITCHES), and SPOOKY BUDDIES (2011).

Who can resist a Halloween movie featuring adorable puppies? "The newest installment in Disney's wildly popular and successful Air Buddies films is 2011's Spooky Buddies. Air Buddies is a spin-off from the also enthusiastically received Air Bud series of films, which featured a Golden Retriever named Buddy who becomes famous by excelling at a wide variety of sporting activities. The five Air Buddies are Buddy's "children."

The Air Buddies have previously undergone adventures in space (Space Buddies), in Alaska (Snow Buddies), and have teamed up to come to Santa Claus' rescue (The Search For Santa Paws). In Spooky Buddies, the Buddies (B-Dawg, Budderball, Buddha, Mudbud and Rosebud) get involved in mysterious goings-on at a local haunted mansion. In order to save the world from the evil Warwick the Warlock, the Buddies embark on a Trick-or-Treat adventure which emphasizes the importance of teamwork and courage. " (DISDB)

For puppy cuteness overload, feel free to watch the trailer:

15 minutes today. I tried to "walk" the cat, but it started raining, so I marched on the mini-trampoline for a bit while I was watching...Halloweentown.

375/500

You are my hero! I LOVE that you walk your cat!!! My cat would just sit down and give me a dirty look. I'd have to drag her rather than walk her. And, yay! Watching Halloweentown! That is awesome!:love: Glad you were able to continue your tradition.

HUGE news, people!!!! We have so many color changes today. PollyannaMom has reached PRECIOUS PRINCESSES PINK. Elizabeth Smith is now at VAMPIRE RED (and crazy close to goal). And - drum roll, please :rockband: - sophy1996 and the TEAM have both reached goal and WITCH'S BREW WISH GREEN. Congrats to all of you!!! That is quite the accomplishment!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: Just wow!

We are getting close to the end of our Disney Halloween list which is perfect timing since tomorrow is Halloween! LOL! Next up are GIRL VS. MONSTER (2012) and FRANKENWEENIE (2012). Since I'm a big fan of the writer/producer/director, let's talk about Frankenweenie. "Filmgoers know immediately that any production with Tim Burton's name attached is going to be "different," and with Frankenweenie, a stop-motion, 3-D black-and-white full-length remake of Burton's 1984 same-named short feature, viewers will not be disappointed.

Both homage to and parody of the iconic 1931 film, Frankenstein, Frankenweenie substitutes a lovable dog (Sparky) for the Boris Karloff monster in this version. Young Victor, the dog's owner and aspiring scientist, stumbles upon the "life-resurrecting" formula which brings his pet back to life, only to then have his "secret formula" fall into the hands of some less-than-scrupulous profiteers.

Written, produced and directed by the quirky Burton, Frankenweenie is well-casted, featuring Charlie Tahan as Victor, as well as such notables as Winona Ryder, Catherine O'Hara, Martin Landau and Martin Short, all veterans of earlier Burton works." (DISDB)

Here's a glimpse of this quirky film:

Happy Halloween, everyone! I hope you all had more treats than tricks tonight.

We have two more color changes to celebrate. Shrfleen has reached 75% of goal and PRECIOUS PRINCESSES PINK and Elizabeth Smith exceeded her goal and reached WITCH'S BREW WISH GREEN! Congratulations to both! :rainbow:

I will leave you with one final Disney Halloween movie, 2014's INTO THE WOODS. "Adapted from the late 1980s Broadway hit musical, Into the Woods is a Walt Disney Pictures production featuring a star-studded cast including Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt, Anna Kendrick, Tracey Ullman and Johnny Depp. Into the Woods is directed by Rob Marshall (Chicago, Nine, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides), and features original musical contributions from celebrated composer Stephen Sondheim, who along with screenwriter James Lapine co-wrote the Broadway production's stage script.

Familiar Grimm's Fairy Tales characters come to life with a contemporary spin in this musical fantasy which follows the tale of a childless couple seeking to reverse a curse placed upon them by a vengeful, misguided witch. In addition, many familiar fairytales are woven into the story, including Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, Jack and the Beanstalk and Rapunzel." (DISDB)

And with this trailer, our Disney Halloween movie tour is concluded:

I'll check back tomorrow to see if there are any final minutes to add to our totals. Thanks for hanging out with me this month! We still don't have a host for November, and if that stays true, I will miss seeing you guys. Hopefully, we will all meet up again soon. Keep moving!!!

I had friends in college who loved Into the Woods so much that they had the opening song on their answering machine (yes, this was a ways back!). It seems to me that it has some great lines and music, but is also really dark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!