Friendship Launches and riding for fun

Rileygirl

DIS Veteran
Hi there

A question about the friendship launches. I remember when my kids were little, riding the boats and monorail and even the buses were a highlight of the trip. I want to suggest to my friends that if they have the time, to take a cruise around crescent lake on the friendships (I mean board at the boardwalk, and stay on it until they get back to the boardwalk.) None have them have ever seen this area, and I think they would enjoy it immensely.

My question is this: do you have to disembark and get back in line to board the vessel when you hit Epcot or DHS? Even is someone is in a wheelchair? I know you obviously can stay on at the hotel stops, but not sure about the theme parks.

Thanks!

No you can stay on. But some of the hotels are very cool to see so if they have time to checkout the lobby I would

I think it depends on the crowds. We once rode the friendship boat at what was then DTD just for fun. The captain made us get off at one of the resorts. We were able to get in line to get back on and didn't have to wait long, but we did have to get off.

We have ridden the Friendship Boats in the EP resort area countless times and have never witnessed the captains insisting anyone get off. It's a continuous loop between the resorts and parks with no final destination.

If the launch is exchanging crew (and under a few other conditions) there is a checklist done by the Capt that is usually done with a "clean boat". I can't remember ever seeing these particular boats empty the passengers for this reason but it's something that would happen maybe twice a day per boat so easy enough to miss it. On our last trip, the launch de-boarded everyone at Poly and they were carried on by the next boat to arrive. In that case I think he was leaving a crewman behind.

To the OP, It sounds like your a fellow fan of Disney Transportation. Did you know they issue free Collectible Transportation Trading Cards? I just found out on my last trip and was floored that I'd never heard of it before. Now I'm on a mission to collect the complete set ... I think 19 cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter