Friends and Family Discount

I have some questions about the friends and family discount. My grandpa, who has been a castmember for decades, will be making our reservation for us. He can get a little confused, so I'm trying to have all my info straight beforehand. Does anyone know exactly what information will be needed from him when he calls the castmember reservation line (ie: his id #, anything else)? Will he book the room in my name? Do they require payment or a deposit upfront?

Also, what are the chances of getting a deluxe resort room in Oct. 2017? Do they have very limited rooms available or should it be ok? Thanks for any help!

I have some questions about the friends and family discount. My grandpa, who has been a castmember for decades, will be making our reservation for us. He can get a little confused, so I'm trying to have all my info straight beforehand. Does anyone know exactly what information will be needed from him when he calls the castmember reservation line (ie: his id #, anything else)? Will he book the room in my name? Do they require payment or a deposit upfront?

Also, what are the chances of getting a deluxe resort room in Oct. 2017? Do they have very limited rooms available or should it be ok? Thanks for any help!
He will need his PERNER number, ID number, your name , address, email, names and ages of people in your party. He can get the confirmation number for you to call back and make the deposit or he can do the deposit and you can do the deposit and you can repay him. Deluxe resorts may be available for October, but Epcot resorts may be limited due to Food and Wine. Good luck

He will need his PERNER number, ID number, your name , address, email, names and ages of people in your party. He can get the confirmation number for you to call back and make the deposit or he can do the deposit and you can do the deposit and you can repay him. Deluxe resorts may be available for October, but Epcot resorts may be limited due to Food and Wine. Good luck

Thank you so much! This was exactly what I needed. :)

In addition to the info from @KerryCM, I wanted to comment that I've found it easy to pay the deposit after the CM/employee books the reservation for me. You don't even need to speak to anyone; you can use the automated phone system to make a payment.

Adding: I have have always been able to book A deluxe resort with friends and family. It may not have been the one I most wanted but something has always been available and I have stayed over NYE several times.

Just to let you know I booked a trip for September recently at the Beach Club. The cast rate I got was 40%, no more 50% discount rooms left. The good news is I was able to get the BWI club level for December at the 5O%cast discount! I was also able to book a Friends and Family room for a friend at the BW going in December also, though different dates than me, for 40%.

Thanks for doing this thread - I was able to find it with a search (miracle!) and found some helpful information! I do have a couple of questions, if I could ask...

We have a friend who just started in the CP. She has told me she knows how to check the system and can book us a discounted room. Before I ask her to check a bunch of different options, I thought I'd ask here if there are only certain room types available for the F&F discount. We were considering one of the FW Cabins, or maybe the Family Suites at All-Star Music (since they're considerably cheaper than AOA). Could she book us 2 rooms at a Value (our 6'2 15-yr-old balks at sharing with his little brother)? We're looking at the first week of August, so we're right on our 60-day FP window and I'd like to get the ball rolling soon.

And it seems from previous posts that I could add a dining plan at cost to the reservation if we want one. Is that still accurate?

Thanks in advance! :)

Thanks for doing this thread - I was able to find it with a search (miracle!) and found some helpful information! I do have a couple of questions, if I could ask...

We have a friend who just started in the CP. She has told me she knows how to check the system and can book us a discounted room. Before I ask her to check a bunch of different options, I thought I'd ask here if there are only certain room types available for the F&F discount. We were considering one of the FW Cabins, or maybe the Family Suites at All-Star Music (since they're considerably cheaper than AOA). Could she book us 2 rooms at a Value (our 6'2 15-yr-old balks at sharing with his little brother)? We're looking at the first week of August, so we're right on our 60-day FP window and I'd like to get the ball rolling soon.

And it seems from previous posts that I could add a dining plan at cost to the reservation if we want one. Is that still accurate?

Thanks in advance! :)
There are probably some others who can give you more information, but I can tell you from our experience that yes, only certain resorts/room types may be available for discount. Usually I have found it lines up pretty well with the resorts/rooms that Disney gives regular discounts on. We always stay in villas, and it has always worked out this way for us... can't get Bay Lake Tower or Grand Floridian and those are always excluded from normal promotions as well. So you could try taking a look to see if the rooms you are interested in are usually included in general promotions as a start.

It should not be a problem to book more than one room. We did that in the fall. :) And yes, you can add the dining plan.. but there will be no discount for that unfortunately! Happy planning! Having access to a F and F discount is GREAT! :)

There are probably some others who can give you more information, but I can tell you from our experience that yes, only certain resorts/room types may be available for discount. Usually I have found it lines up pretty well with the resorts/rooms that Disney gives regular discounts on. We always stay in villas, and it has always worked out this way for us... can't get Bay Lake Tower or Grand Floridian and those are always excluded from normal promotions as well. So you could try taking a look to see if the rooms you are interested in are usually included in general promotions as a start.

It should not be a problem to book more than one room. We did that in the fall. :) And yes, you can add the dining plan.. but there will be no discount for that unfortunately! Happy planning! Having access to a F and F discount is GREAT! :)

Good advice - thanks! :)

Another question for those of you with F&F discount experience.

My friend was able to make us a reservation for the All Star Music Family Suite, which was one of our top choices. I had hoped to get POR-Preferred to save a couple hundred dollars. Do I understand correctly from previous posts that I can call and check availability on my own without her, in case we want to swap? And I would call the regular 407-WDISNEY number, correct? And if I want to add a dining plan, I can call and add it myself?

Thanks so much!

Another question for those of you with F&F discount experience.

My friend was able to make us a reservation for the All Star Music Family Suite, which was one of our top choices. I had hoped to get POR-Preferred to save a couple hundred dollars. Do I understand correctly from previous posts that I can call and check availability on my own without her, in case we want to swap? And I would call the regular 407-WDISNEY number, correct? And if I want to add a dining plan, I can call and add it myself?

Thanks so much!
Now that the reservation has been made you are able to call and make any changes you want to. Good luck and have a great trip!

Cast rates for 2018 are now available. I booked my trip yesterday. I am retired, so I have to call, not booked through the HUB.

I wonder why they are still not available on the hub for 2018 if they are available when you call, does anyone have any time frame info?

I wonder why they are still not available on the hub for 2018 if they are available when you call, does anyone have any time frame info?
That is odd. I wonder why it isn't showing on the HUB. Have you called the cast reservation line to ask?

Hi - are the friends & family discounts generally better than AP rates? I'm trying to book either a deluxe resort or Port Orleans for the Marathon (1/5 - 1/8), and was wondering if there are any great F&F rates for that time period. My friend's daughter is working at Disney until the middle of January, but I don't want to ask her to book anything unless I know the discount is worth it. Is there a way I can check to see what the F&F rates are? It looks like the AP rates won't be out for a while, and I know the Marathon makes availability difficult for the dates I need, but I'd like to book something asap. Thanks!!!

You would have to have your friend's daughter check the HUB to see what is available and what prices are available. Usually F&F rates are 40% off.

Does anyone here have access to the Hub and could possibly check to see if there's any availability from 1/5 - 1/8? If there is I can then ask my friend to have his daughter book it. I would really appreciate it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!