Friends and Family Discount

DisneyDadof4

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me more about the Friends and Family Discount? My aunt is a CM and has offered this discount to us, but she hasn't been very good about detailing the discount for us.

Thank you!

The discount is normally about 40% off. During very slow times it can be as much as 50%. It's a room-only reservation and sometimes the Dining Plan is offered at a small discount. Your Aunt can only book Friends and Family reservations up to 4 times per year.

The discount is normally about 40% off. During very slow times it can be as much as 50%. It's a room-only reservation and sometimes the Dining Plan is offered at a small discount. Your Aunt can only book Friends and Family reservations up to 4 times per year.

Thanks, Plutolovr! I really appreciate the response. Do you happen to know if the discount is good on club level rooms?

It's good on whatever rooms they decide to put into inventory. I know I was able to book a Friends and Family for Poly Club Level for last September.

How far in advance can you book a room with this discount? Would they already have rooms for 2014? My guess is no since the rates have not even come out, but would these discounts be available as soon as the rates for 2014 come out?

Anyone know if dining plans can be add to the discount room and what is the cost of dining plans in that cases?

Current Summer Cast Member Resort Offer:

For Your Friends & Family:

Save up to 50%* at select Walt Disney World ® Resort hotels for stays most nights 5/31 – 8/17/13!*

Plus, add the Disney Dining Plan for your Friends and Family for just $46.99** per adult per night plus tax and $16.99** per child per night.

Little update to help answer those questions...We've been checking the Hub for a Friends & Family Moderate POR stay Aug 3-9.

Running the online Hub method shows 40% off a Royal Guest Room -Pool View but I could not add the DP to it while online.

I called this morning to verbally do it and was given 50% off and the DDP was $46.99 per adult which is nearly $10 off the daily rack rate.

Caviot to that is the Cast Member must call to make the reservation - so my Daughter called right back and I have the room at $780 plus $1128 for 6 nights on the Plus Dining Plan or $1908 total rounded to nearest $$$

Have the Cast member make the call if you are ready to book! (It saved me another 10%)

Also always ask if you have any PIN Codes attached to your name. I've been getting advertisment flyers with specials for years and never used them because I'm Military and already was getting 30-40% off with the Military Salute Program. I had one that just expired on Jun 14th and it gave 40% off a Moderate (the MSP was only 35%).

What about the quick service dining plan? Is it offered at a discount in July?

That's the type of reservation I have. Do you know how much the quick service plan costs with the discount?

That's the type of reservation I have. Do you know how much the quick service plan costs with the discount?

if your using a friends and family discount the room will go to 50% and the QSDP is roughly 15% off so it's roughly $32-33

what is I have already pain my vacation off, can my cousin add his CM discount to that? That would save us so much

Can someone who has knowlege of past "slow times" re: CM discounts tell me if they may go to 50% during Sept?

what is I have already pain my vacation off, can my cousin add his CM discount to that? That would save us so much

You'll have to cancel the current reservation you have an get a refund. Additionally, you will have to pay one night's deposit for the new reservation. I had mine completely paid off, too, when my friend said "why aren't you using my discount?". The answer: cause I felt like I was using him (even though I keep him plied with Tastycakes. lol). He said "I have no one else to do this for; you are family". :) He's so sweet. And we changed from POR to OKW!!!

Best of luck. And have a great trip!

The 50% off is normally the slow times....i think part of sept, most of oct, some weeks in nov and the first two in dec were included last year. Just an example though is it might not be till right before your trip. I had a f & f room booked for months for our nov 6th trip. The 50% and dining plan didn't become available till about Nov 1st. I guess the point is it won't be available very far in advance but keep trying if your cast member doesn't mind calling and asking every so often. Cast can't book these rooms for anyone until about a month after 2014 is available for general public booking...hopefully sometime in aug for 2014.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!