Free Transport Boats At Universial

Woodview

DIS Veteran
How many stops and routes are there in the Universal S. and Islands of Adventure

Boat Transportation ?

Each resort boat goes from the resort to the citywalk dock.

And there are multiple boats going back and forth to each resort.

If you stay at Hard Rock it's quicker to walk to Universal Studios. But take the boat to get o Islands of Adventure.

If you stay at Hard Rock it's quicker to walk to Universal Studios. But take the boat to get o Islands of Adventure.

But you still end up on the wrong side of the "river" and have to walk up and out of the basin there then across the bridge. I'd still walk, personally.

Each resort boat goes from the resort to the citywalk dock.

And there are multiple boats going back and forth to each resort.

I don't think that's true for all times. Probably yes for park opening and closing periods. But I remember during slack hours just one boat was going back and forth between City Walk and Portofino. We had just missed one boat and it took a good 20 to 25 minutes for it to return.

Our experience wasn't too good. Extra boats in the morning from Portofino but midday was a long wait for a crowd. We chose to walk and also googled the "shortcut" through the hotel parking lots.

From Portofino Bay, I would take the boat...it's a hike. From HRH, just walk to either park. From RPR, it's a toss up. If there's a wait for the boat, it is usually faster to walk, especially if you're heading to IoA since the walkway drops you right up from the entrance to the park.
Because the boats arrive on the opposite side of the water from the parks, you need to add a bit of time to get from the boats to the parks. US is quicker than IoA.
And during the less busy times of day, they pretty much run one boat, back and forth, from each resort. So, if you just miss the boat, it could be 30 mins before it returns.

Universal runs, or at least used to, also run buses between resorts and parks. Closer to parks then boat.

PP is right. You can cut walking time from PBH significantly if you cut through parking lot to HRH

We stayed at Royal Pacific and just walked to both parks. It was a very lovely walk and the kids didn't mind. It seemed like the boat took longer.

Sadly their shuttles go to the taxi drop off area at the parking garage now. That's not closer. :(
I could have sworn the drop off location was just off the park entrance. I remember leaving US in the pouring rain and seeing a bus just to the side. Either my memory is rusty or it changed.

I could have sworn the drop off location was just off the park entrance. I remember leaving US in the pouring rain and seeing a bus just to the side. Either my memory is rusty or it changed.

It changed. Just in the last two years maybe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter