Free parking with Handicap Placard?

Susie63

Dreamin' of Disney
I was reading an article in the LA Times about fraudulent use of disability placards because metered parking is free? That can't be true can it?

I believe it is. (Of course, people are not expected to abuse the use of the meters -- no one expects someone to park for free all day.) And, yes, the fraud runs rampant because of this and other issues. My father needed a placard and had a very hard time getting one because of all the hoops to prove that his need was legitimate. Don't know if the dishonest people really understand how difficult they make it for those who truly need those placards.

I was reading an article in the LA Times about fraudulent use of disability placards because metered parking is free? That can't be true can it?
So when a disabled person parks in a metered space they are suppose to pay to park there. However, they are not required to be back before it expires and do not have a penalty, because most disabled people can not physically make it back in time. Just like green curbs for time limit parking. As long as placard is displayed they can stay there all day and not get towed.

If it is not their placard the owner of it will get it revoked and the user of it will get a hefty ticket

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!