Free Dining Promotion

sistertrip said:
Why do we DVC members miss out on the great package deals like this?? To me, a free dining plan would be better than the dining discounts we get, but because I've booked using points (instead of making a regular cash reservation) we can't get the deal. :sad2:
You don't have to miss out, just book on cash instead of points. It would be unreasonable to expect the free dining plan booking on points. But it is info one may want to consider when deciding whether to buy or sell a DVC contract.

Since many of we DVCers are into staying at DVC nonweekend, I think this is a perfect way to stay at your home resort weekdays and plan your 3 days at rack rate with free dining either before or after.

I own at DVC but my gf found a room at Pop with free dining...and the tickets we have to buy for 1 day can apply to our passes so no loss there, and the room comes out to be like $12 a day when the cost of the food plan is subtracted...so I kinda look at it as a free room and I pay for food! :rotfl2:

Dean said:
And the ticket can be saved and not used on the package trip in question for those that have passes. It's been said that one can get the full value in exchange for a different ticket but I don't know that for certain.

I can confirm this is not a problem. Last year we were making a cash reservation and decided to get the dining plan for that week - it was time for us to renew our APs anyway, so we bought one-day tickets, then upgraded those to APs (with the DVC discount) when we got there and checked in. No problems.

My friend and I are saving a bit over the free dining package by using points and paying for the dining plan...even if we were to book a package at Pop Century.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter