Fort (Vintage?) Memorabilia!

DISNEY24/7365

Live, Laugh, Love...Disney.
Just had to post this.

I received this jacket and a couple other items as birthday gifts from my brother a few days ago. My family, 4 brothers and 1 sister, grew up going to the Fort each summer so this place is essentially in my DNA. Such great memories made there with my parents and siblings. Now that I'm 33 years old, it is still my favorite place to be on this planet. Sometimes, I think it's a disease. They have to be sprayings something into the air to make us addicted!

This jacket is so vintage, and smells it. He got it off someone on ebay from Canada. One button is a little worn, but it makes it all the better. Rustic and broken in I'd say. I can't wait till the cooler weather to wear it around the campfire and movie.

He also got me this kazoo. I am having trouble remembering what it's from. My faint thought makes me believe it's from the Hoopdy Doo Revue? My older brother mentioned some sort of breakfast or breakfast show there for kids when we were young and this was possibly given out? So I'm thinking sometime between '89-'94 give or take a year.

Also, this pressed penny with Musket Micky on it. I haven't gotten a pressed penny since I was 7, so I don't even know what you can get anymore. I'll have to look next time I go in a few weeks.

Anyway, I just had to share because these gifts warranted recognition from the giver!

How cool is to have Musket Mickey stuff. The walking stick Mickey just isn't the same.

It's a shame how political correctness is hurting us in some areas. The musket doesn't represent the present or future, it represents our past, where we came from, our history. In someways it's like people trying to rewrite history or make us forget about it. This is not just a Disney issue it's society.

I think youre right about the Kazoo coming from a breakfast program.

I found this link about the breakfast at Pioneer Hall that featured Melvin the Moose, Chip and Dale and Alabam and Cindy Lou. The caption under the first picture of Melvin the Moose states that a kazoo was given out during this show.

http://waltdatedworld.com/id227.htm

Steve

Jets70 thank you for that trip down memory lane. I remember going to that breakfast on 2 of my first trips in the late 80's and being disappointed when it was gone. Several years ago my partners and I took a liking to a particular restaurant and got to know several of the employees. One day when I was considering taking my wife for her 1st trip one of the young ladies over heard us. I was telling my partner about things I liked to do at the FORT and things I missed that were no longer available. This young lady chimed in about seeing C&D my response was best place for that was the no longer available breakfast She knew all about it as she, had been a CM while in college and worked the breakfast as Dale

Fort each summer so this place is essentially in my DNA. Such great memories made there with my parents and siblings. Now that I'm 33 years old, it is still my favorite place to be on this planet. Sometimes, I think it's a disease

1) You are right.
2) IT IS like a disease.
3) But, what a pleasant way to suffer.
4) All sicknesses should be this nice to the body and sole.

@TheRustyScupper Not to get off topic but just wondering how you were doing since the accident and curious as to if you have officially hung up your ears. (retirement......never really retire :confused3)

Steve and Teresa
(Teresa says hello :wave:)

Whenever I start thinking about WDW for for some reason "YOU"RE IN MY HEART'' comes to mind when I actual think of being there and what to enjoy "DO IT AGAIN" plays

@TheRustyScupper Not to get off topic but just wondering how you were doing since the accident and curious as to if you have officially hung up your ears. (retirement......never really retire :confused3)

Steve and Teresa
(Teresa says hello :wave:)

1) Thanks for asking.
2) No, have not hung-up-the-ears, pinned-back-the-ears, nor pierced-the-ears.
3) Just have not been released for work, yet . . . probably not until October-ish.
. . . fractured ankle is healed
. . . two fractured discs are not yet healed, and surgery is not an option
. . . scars on legs will be permanent . . . (too bad I can't claim my bad looks or baldness on the accident)
4) After 8-days in intensive care, 4-weeks and 1-day in hospital 4-months bedridden or wheelchair bound, I am still too weak in the legs to stand long or walk long.

1) Thanks for asking.
2) No, have not hung-up-the-ears, pinned-back-the-ears, nor pierced-the-ears.
3) Just have not been released for work, yet . . . probably not until October-ish.
. . . fractured ankle is healed
. . . two fractured discs are not yet healed, and surgery is not an option
. . . scars on legs will be permanent . . . (too bad I can't claim my bad looks or baldness on the accident)
4) After 8-days in intensive care, 4-weeks and 1-day in hospital 4-months bedridden or wheelchair bound, I am still too weak in the legs to stand long or walk long.
Teresa and I continue to pray for your recovery. Hopefully an opportunity to say hi again at the Fort soon.
Steve and Teresa

I'm pulling for you Scupper. Maybe you can build up your lower body by having Mrs. Scupper move your car keys back on the counter or table a few feet each day and that way you would have to walk a little further each day to get them and take off. Then you can drive off with her and treat her to some ice cream.

Jets, that website was interesting. Fort-related, they had a podcast in the archives which was interesting but had a little misinformation in it. However what I did find interesting was the origin of the now-departed Lawn Mower tree. Apparently the story was that the push lawn mower had been sitting in the same spot for decades and the sprout of a tree grew up through the blades and then the trunk came to engulf it nearly. The mower was there because there was a fishing cabin there on the edge of Bay Lake when Disney bought the property and it had been there for decades.

Specifically the cabin was between where the Settlement Trading Post and the tree line on the beach was - in that open space that today is golf cart parking on the side of the STP. In a different spot on their site, they overlaid aerial photos of the Fort/beach area between the 1940s and 1970s which showed the cabin, construction, and early FW buildings in succession. There was a dirt/sand road all the way to beach in a straight line that basically was on the track of Fort Wilderness Trail (main road past Meadow TP) straight up in front of STP.

Anyway, the mower was probably left there by someone trying to mow around the fishing cabin area and later just left there as maybe someone else appreciated a more "natural look" to the landscaping around their fishing cabin.

Need find. Thanks again-I learned something I didn't know today.

Bama Ed

PS - Jets70, this is related to your other thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/a-video-of-the-fort-from-1976.3622744/

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter