Fort Lauderdale - Port Everglade car rental to WDW

TLPL

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
Does anyone has any suggestions on how to rent a car to get from Fort Lauderdale - Port Everglade to Disney World? We would like to go to Disney for additional 5 days after a cruise with RC. Also, would it be cheaper to return the car the next day at one of those rental car locations near Disney Springs, or return it to MCO at the end of the whole trip when we fly back home.
Thanks for your help in advance.

I use Costco to book a car right when I get my flights sorted out, and then check Costco and Expedia periodically to see if I can find a better deal.

As for returning, I don't think there is a huge markup for returning at Disney Springs, but again price that out and see if there is one. I can't imagine that it would be more expensive than 5 day one way rental though.

I was on Costco`s site, it seems I can only select airports as pick up and drop off location. Is it some way I can pick a different locations?

Interesting. Maybe costcotravel.ca is different, as I was able to select a different drop off location, and when I typed in Disney Spring it gave me locations on the map (see attached screenshot)

upload_2018-7-4_23-49-34.png

When I go to Costco's site it lets me pick up at other locations but will only allow me to return to the same location or drop off at an airport.

FireShot Capture 030 - Home I Costco Travel_ - https___www.costcotravel.com_h=400.jpg

I tried the US site it only allow me to enter the airport location for return. Pick up I can choose anywhere.
I went on budget website the best I can find is $90 for one day. Does it sound right?

We did the reverse in Feb, collected from WDW dropped off at Port Everglades for cruise, then on return collected from PE returned to MCO. Booked with Alamo, but through UK site! About £45 a day for intermediate size car.

Hi all,
Does anyone has any suggestions on how to rent a car to get from Fort Lauderdale - Port Everglade to Disney World? We would like to go to Disney for additional 5 days after a cruise with RC. Also, would it be cheaper to return the car the next day at one of those rental car locations near Disney Springs, or return it to MCO at the end of the whole trip when we fly back home.
Thanks for your help in advance.
We did it the opposite way, Disney, took ME to the MCO and rented a car to drive to Ft. Lauderdale airport. Our hotel had free shuttle from the Airport to the hotel before the cruise. I don't see an issue with doing it the other way. Call to see if you can get ME from MCO after dropping off
your rental. Worst case, you can do Mears or an uber depending on how many people you have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter