? for those with food allergies

ticktock

<font color=darkorchid>I'm more of a Georgian girl
I know Disney is pretty good with allergies but have you been anywhere else that is as good? I want to go out west this spring break but with allergies to gluten and the evil soy (which is in EVERYTHING:mad: even a chef at Disney told me he has a very hard time feeding people with soy allergies cause it's in every-freakin'-thing ) sorry had to get that off my chest. Anyway does anyone have any good experience with resturants resorts etc that deal with allergies. I know that even Universal is terrible with this.Thanks.

I had the best meals at the Paradise Pier int the cafe on the north side of the building and also in the steak house at the Disneyland Hotel. They served everything soy and gluten free. It is hard when dealing with processed foods but not fresh. As with WDW the sit down restaurants handle specials needs well but I never was comfortable with counter service. They tend to use processed foods too much.

SeaWorld, San Diego Wild Animal Park and San Diego Zoo allow guests to write in their special needs. I only got sick one time and that was at SeaWorld because the sauce had wheat based soy in it. There was a nice guy who wrote me all about what I could eat in SeaWorld. It seems that the two restaurants used different recipes for a similar dish, lol, one was safe and the other was not.

I have not been to Magic Mountain or Universal Studios in over 10 years.

Thanks mechurchlady. Is Paradise Pier at Disneyland? Do you know anything about returants or resorts at the Grand Canyon?

It has been a couple of years. The Grand Californians two sit down restaurants do also cater to guests with special diets. The problem I have is with the fast food places. There was two restaurants, a bar with bad food service and a food shop where you could get sandwichs and hot dogs as well as packaged items like yoghurt.

stopping to warn i am zoned out and loopier than a frog swimnning in the wine vat so I will try to make sense.

I never had a food reaction at the hotels and was just learning about my health problems when I stopped going. The restaurants never were a problems and DLR is very active in the sit down restaurants about serving special diets. You have to be careful with take out food. It is not uncommon in the food industry for the fast food chicken breast to have soy and wheat fillers in them. McDonald's the worst and their ingredients list includes citrus, wheat, soy and lots of allergens. It is not uncommon for fast food french fries to have wheat and soy in them. A worker might pick up a burger bun then your gluten free chicken to cross contaminate. There is a much higher turnover of employees in fast food/counter than in the sit down restaurants.

i never ate in the Japanese restaurant. I have eaten at Granvilles and at the Paradise Pier and Grand Californian restaurants and find the service, food and meeting my needs to be excellent.

Whatever you do, avoid other countries!

We went to Mexico, stayed at a super highly rated resort for 5 days. My poor son ate nothing but hot dogs without the buns, fruit, and french fries. They can't know the ingredients in ANYTHING it seems! We decided to stick with the United States, and mostly WDW.

We've had a hard time even at some really nice hotels, like Ritz Carltons. I share your frustration. My sister does vacation at a place in Vermont called The Tyler Place, and she said they are supposedly good with food allergies. It's too much like summer camp for my taste, so we've never looked into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter