For those that use an AP

01Sweetpea

DIS Veteran
how much do you think you typically would save on dining/merchandise if you were to stay 5 days?

I estimate we'll be eating 5 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 4 dinners at Universal/HRH during our stay.

For our 10/12 - 10/17 stay I can either use:
ENT rate of $970 + AAA 3 day passes for $1334 or
APH rate of $931 + 3 day passes for $1414

ENT rate saves me $80, but not sure if I would make that amount up by using the AP for dining/merchandise. I also doubt we will be back w/in 1 year to use the AP again.

Thanks!

I don't know if this will help you, but only one person in your party has to have an ap for you to get the aph rate.

Hotel - $931
Preferred AP - $190
3 days passes bought at the gate with the AP disc of 15% - $293 (for DH & the kids)

I think the ENT rate is the way to go at this point.

You get 10 - 15% off every meal (15 in the parks, 10 at citywalk). I think you said there were four of you going.

breakfast: about $30.00/day x 5 = $15.00 saving
lunch: about $40/day x 2 = $8 saving
dinner: about $100/day x 4 = $40 savings

So around $60 saving on food.

You get 20% off on merchandise. So maybe another $50.00

My estimate would be about a $100 savings and I think that is erring on the low side.

Is it also 15% off at the hotels as well? I'm sure we'll eat all breakfasts at HRH. So then the savings would be:

breakfast - $30/day x 5 = $22.50 savings
lunch - $40/day x 2 = $12 savings
dinner - $100/day x 4 = $60 savings

So if we eat only at the parks the savings alone on food is about $94. Then add on the merchandise disc. So maybe the AP is the way to go for us!!

You also get savings on buying tickets. It is 10% off one day or 15% off multi-day tickets. So you buy the AP first and then get 15% off of the other three tickets. (I'm not sure if this discount applied to special tickets though)

I think we're going with the ENT rate. Yes the AP is going to save us 15% on food and 20% on merchandise, but we have AAA already and we can get 10% off everything.

And in my heart I would feel like I was wasting so much money buying the AP when I know we aren't going back within 1 year of getting the pass.

Thanks for all your help!

Sometimes you just have to sit down and do the number crunch! You can rest easy now!:p

don't forget about your extra perks you get as well. You get 2 free admission to "live Wire" local nights. Plus NBA One free interactive game per pass holder. And a $3.00 merchandise voucher..Discounts at the universal Cineplex. Plus if you renew within 30 days of your experation date you get your renewal for only 99 dollars.

We just returned and after adding up all my discounts the AP saved us over $300 in 2 weeksand as we are returning with in 12 months we don't have to buy any tickets for next visit all family go the power passes and i got the pref pass total $501 for 4 passes at gate the ap is also a great incentive to return also at pat o brians between 4pm -9pm kids eat free with adult and u get 15% discount:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter