For those folks driving!

Lafayette

You know, I don't think I've ever been to Lafayette before. Maybe when I was younger with my dad. I live about 5-10 minutes drive from I-75 so if I go to GA it's usually down that way heading to Atlanta or Savannah.

You know, I don't think I've ever been to Lafayette before. Maybe when I was younger with my dad. I live about 5-10 minutes drive from I-75 so if I go to GA it's usually down that way heading to Atlanta or Savannah.
Your not missing much!

My husband and I are driving down to WDW from Houston, TX in Early September. Would like to stop in Florida for the night, as soon as it turns to Eastern Time. Any recommendations for easy on and off the highway with free breakfast? First choice would be in the Marriott family but will entertain all suggestions. Also, any tips for those that do this drive regularly? Thank you!

Hi, we're planning our trip for next month and considering driving a new route this time. We're in central NJ and we typically take the NJ Turnpike/95 all the way down, but we're thinking of going out to 81 and taking that down to 77, then picking up 95 down south. Anyone from Central Jersey done that route in the past? Pros and cons?

Thanks!

My husband and I are driving down to WDW from Houston, TX in Early September. Would like to stop in Florida for the night, as soon as it turns to Eastern Time. Any recommendations for easy on and off the highway with free breakfast? First choice would be in the Marriott family but will entertain all suggestions. Also, any tips for those that do this drive regularly? Thank you!

I have driven to WDW from Texas many times and have found that an overnight stay in Tallahassee works best for our family. It's a short 4 hour drive to WDW the next morning. There are numerous places to stay and eat in Tallahassee. As far as Marriott properties along I-10: there is a Fairfield Inn and Suites at exit 199 (Monroe St) and a Courtyard and Residence Inn at exit 203 (Thomasville Rd). We like to stay a little further down I-10 at the Staybridge Suites at exit 209B. It's located just outside of town and find less traffic and noise there. Safe travels.

I have driven to WDW from Texas many times and have found that an overnight stay in Tallahassee works best for our family. It's a short 4 hour drive to WDW the next morning. There are numerous places to stay and eat in Tallahassee. As far as Marriott properties along I-10: there is a Fairfield Inn and Suites at exit 199 (Monroe St) and a Courtyard and Residence Inn at exit 203 (Thomasville Rd). We like to stay a little further down I-10 at the Staybridge Suites at exit 209B. It's located just outside of town and find less traffic and noise there. Safe travels.

Thank you! Have you ever stayed at or seen the Residence inn at exit 203, Raymond Diehl Road? Looks like there are quite a few casual restaurants right near there!

OK, booked the Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle. It's at exit 203, Raymond Diehl road. Thank you all for your help! Anybody, stay there or near there that can suggest dinner?

OK, booked the Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle. It's at exit 203, Raymond Diehl road. Thank you all for your help! Anybody, stay there or near there that can suggest dinner?

Glad you were able to find a place. I have not stayed there so I wouldn't be able to comment on it.

Hi all! Thinking of driving to WDW the end of August next year. We will be coming from NJ, right across from Philadelphia. Where is the best place to stop to spend the night? What time is a good time to leave? I have heard people leaving in the middle of the night or waiting until late afternoon. We plan on leaving on a Sunday, spending the night somewhere, arriving in Florida on Monday at some point and spending the night with family in Orlando. We would check in on Tuesday. TIA!

Hi all! Thinking of driving to WDW the end of August next year. We will be coming from NJ, right across from Philadelphia. Where is the best place to stop to spend the night? What time is a good time to leave? I have heard people leaving in the middle of the night or waiting until late afternoon. We plan on leaving on a Sunday, spending the night somewhere, arriving in Florida on Monday at some point and spending the night with family in Orlando. We would check in on Tuesday. TIA!

We've made that trip numerous times. We're about an hour NW of Philly. What works for us (because our kids have always been great travelers) is to leave around 5:00 a.m. We drive to Savannah, GA (the Port Wentworth exit) and spend the night there. We stop several times along the way for lunch (usually just get pizza delivered to the room for dinner), gas, and bathroom breaks. We usually make it to Savannah by about 7:00 depending on how many stops we've made along the way and how long we lingered at lunch. We can get a good night's sleep and be up and ready to hit the road by 8:00 the next morning. It's about a 4 hour drive to Orlando from there (including a stop at the Florida Welcome Center for orange juice and Disney brochures).

Has anyone stayed here or near here? If so, any easy dinner suggestions, maybe on the late side? Thank you!
Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle. It's at exit 203, Raymond Diehl road

Has anyone stayed here or near here? If so, any easy dinner suggestions, maybe on the late side? Thank you!
Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle. It's at exit 203, Raymond Diehl road
How late is "on the late side"?

I haven't been to Tallahassee since my sister went to FSU (early 1990s). According to Google Maps, the closest restaurant to your hotel is an Outback Steakhouse, but it says it closes between 9:30 and 11:00 every night. Also nearby are a TGI Fridays that closes at 2 AM nightly, and for fast food, McDonalds or Steak and Shake.

Check out Google Maps... there's a bunch more in the general area.

We've made that trip numerous times. We're about an hour NW of Philly. What works for us (because our kids have always been great travelers) is to leave around 5:00 a.m. We drive to Savannah, GA (the Port Wentworth exit) and spend the night there. We stop several times along the way for lunch (usually just get pizza delivered to the room for dinner), gas, and bathroom breaks. We usually make it to Savannah by about 7:00 depending on how many stops we've made along the way and how long we lingered at lunch. We can get a good night's sleep and be up and ready to hit the road by 8:00 the next morning. It's about a 4 hour drive to Orlando from there (including a stop at the Florida Welcome Center for orange juice and Disney brochures).

I couldn't agree more with you, I drive from Baltimore and always stop at Savannah for the night. Plenty of hotels always competing with each other for the low rates to get the I-95 traveler. We eat at Cracker Barrell and it's a quick 4-hour drive waiting for the young ones to see the first Disney Billboard!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!