For the First Time in Forever-We're Cruising!

SuperCalGal

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho
Hi there! :flower1:

This is my first trip report, so bear with me you guys. Anyhoo, We're going on our first cruise in December! :cool1::goodvibes All the details are below.

Cast & Crew

Myself (20)- Lover of all things Disney, you can frequently find me listening to Disney music around the house. I'm currently a pre-nursing student, and hopefully by the time of the cruise I'll be in nursing school.
Mom & Dad- I'm the biggest Disney fan in the family, my mom does like Disney and enjoys watching Disney movies. My dad, well he enjoyed Disney world but he's not too much into Disney stuff besides that. However, they're both very excited about the cruise.

When?
December 13th-18th, Disney Magic Itinerary A. Originally, we were gonna go on the December 18th sailing. However, we waited too long to book and prices had gone up. The game plan is to fly into Orlando the day before, get a rental car and drive down to Miami. Flights are significantly cheaper flying into Orlando versus flying into Miami or Fort Lauderdale. I'm currently looking into Miami Port area hotels. For our day in Cozumel, more than likely we're going to Nachi Cocom. There's going to be six other ships in port that day, so that's probably the best bet for a relaxing beach day.

I've been wanting to go on a cruise for a very long time. A couple of years ago, I was planning to go on a cruise with some friends and one of the girls mother. About two days before we officially booked the cruise, my friends bailed out last minute. It was a domino effect and the whole thing fell through :sad1:. I'm so excited I can finally go on a cruise, I've been saving up for it since last year. Well that's about it, I hope you guys will join me on this planning adventure!

I am also on this cruise. I am so excited and cant wait. It is going to be so much fun. :santa:

I can't wait either, I'm counting down the long days! I see you're going on two cruises this year lucky duck, have fun on the Dream pixiedust:. Initially we considered going on the Dream but ultimately decided on the Magic.

The Dream is compliments of taxes. LOL Are you going to do the FE? Its really fun :flower1:

Lol! I've been thinking about it, it does seem really fun. Part of me thinks doing the FE might be too overwhelming on a first cruise, so I'm undecided :confused3. Making FE gifts would be a fun summer project though.

Cozumel Update :wave:
Just a quick update, I finally made our reservations for Nachi Cocom! :banana: We'll probably spend most of the day there, and leave early to have some time to shop around. I love to bake so I'm really excited about being able to get some Mexican vanilla. Nachi looks beautiful and I can't wait to have a blissful beach day away from the crowds. :cool2:

Quick Update

Southwest released their schedule through January, so I went ahead and booked the flights. Mainly because there's only two flights out of the airport the day before, and the wanna get away fares for one of the flights is already sold out :earseek:. It's going to be $276 for the round trip, which isn't bad at all compared to other airlines in our area. Southwest is also the only airline besides Allegiant in our area that offers nonstop flights. I've priced out Allegiant a few times, but with all the added fees for bags it comes out comparable to the other guys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter