"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

Still on our way down (Yay, cellphone hotspot!), but its been a smooth drive so far. Gas prices have ranged from $2.50 to $2.80, but haven't made it to FL yet. Hope everyone had a safe 4th of July!

Safe travels and have a great time!

Still on our way down (Yay, cellphone hotspot!), but its been a smooth drive so far. Gas prices have ranged from $2.50 to $2.80, but haven't made it to FL yet. Hope everyone had a safe 4th of July!
Stay safe and enjoy those cheap gas prices.

NJ friends drove to WDW on July 4 in about sixteen hours with no serious traffic tie-ups or slowdowns on I-95 and I-4.

All the best! :thumbsup2

There’s also 417. You’ll be on I4 for a little while if you’re coming from 95S.
But you’ll be off I4 before any major construction. I think... the last time we were on I4 was April and I wasnt feeling good so wasn’t really paying attention.
@BC1836 would be able to verify this better than me.

There’s also 417. You’ll be on I4 for a little while if you’re coming from 95S.
But you’ll be off I4 before any major construction. I think... the last time we were on I4 was April and I wasnt feeling good so wasn’t really paying attention.
@BC1836 would be able to verify this better than me.

Despite our 46 long-distance round-trip drives, we never used the 417 route. Go figure. :confused3
Thanks to Summer2018 for posting the maps!

[We begin our next 60-minute drive on Thursday.]

Despite our 46 long-distance round-trip drives, we never used the 417 route. Go figure. :confused3

Oh wow- didn't know that, but after seeing the map it's pretty much what I said. :thumbsup2

We never had to use it yet also. But the last six years or so we are on I4 between 3 and 5am on a Saturday morning so there isn't much going on at that time of day.

We never had to use it yet also. But the last six years or so we are on I4 between 3 and 5am on a Saturday morning so there isn't much going on at that time of day.

However, those midnight to pre-dawn hours of late have been the primary times that sections of I-4 have been closed. Check traffic apps in advance.

At this point, most of the closures have been ramp and feeder roads, under I4 that have been closed or restricted.
The best part at that time of day, any detour that pops up, there's no traffic to fight. Lol
But, when I leave, I check this thing constantly.

Attachments

• IMG_0368.jpg
    IMG_0368.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
We are planning to drive on a Friday leaving South Jersey at approx. 3 or 4pm. Would I be better off using 301 to Richmond as opposed to I-95?

We are planning to drive on a Friday leaving South Jersey at approx. 3 or 4pm. Would I be better off using 301 to Richmond as opposed to I-95?

We've taken I-95 forty-six times from the Jersey Shore, since 2002. The key thing is avoiding southern MD and northern VA (at least until Fredericksburg) at rush hour. With good traffic (is there such a term?), it will take you approximately three hours to get from the DE Memorial Bridge to the VA border. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter