footwear for first week of Dec?

karsen11

Mouseketeer
Hi! This will be our first time in over 20 years going in winter months...we always do a Sept/Oct trip and a May and June trip. I always wear flip flops, so I am wondering what type of footwear I should get for this trip? Will my feet be ok in flip flops still? Uggs too hot? Sperry's? Im not into the idea of tennis shoes as I normally dress nicer. TIA

Florida weather is pretty sporadic. It will probably be around the 70s, could have a weird cold front or be really hot. I don't think December is really cold, but I was once in Orlando with a 40 degree cold spell that I was not expecting. I'd say bring your flip flops and a backup closed toe shoe in case it is cold. Check the weather right before you leave, that will be most accurate.

We were there Dec 3-11 last year. At the beginning of our week, you would have been fine in flip flops, but as the week progressed, it got much cooler, to where the lows at night the last two or three nights of our trip were in the lower 60s to upper 50s, so you'd definitely want something more if that were to happen. I don't think you'd ever need boots or something of that nature, but definitely pack at least one closed toe / non-sandal type shoe in case the weather gets chilly.

The weather can be all over the place, sadly. One December I went it went from a high of 85 my first day to a high of 55 the last day. I'd bring a few different options just to be safe!

We were there the week before Christmas last year and the weather was all over the place, pouring rain one afternoon, 70s one day, 60s and cloudy and windy another. I took capris and jeans and light weight long sleeve shirts and a jacket and wore flip flops the entire time. I'm from Georgia so anything under 75 is cold to me but I can't stand to wear closed toe shoes and wear sandals and flip flops for as long as I can. On the colder days when I had to wear a jacket and scarf and jeans, I still had flip flops on my feet.

Google results indicate the average high for Orlando in December is in the low 70's, but it can get wacky. I'd bring both some warm weather and some cold weather clothes. As for shoes: sneakers? A nice walking shoe like sketchers or asics

Dec weather can be a little rough. I just generally wear my tennis shoes anyway since I can walk in those longer.

I always wear my croc flats for the parks, but also some sneakers just in case of colder weather.

We were there the first week of December last year. High's were mid-70's and got to 80 one day. We all wore some version of Crocs most of the time. Feet never felt cold. I'm not sure how sandals would have felt in the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter