Flying to Orlando..what do we do next?

Trish Bessette

<font color=green>Not a nerd<br><font color=blue>D
Here we are, family of 4 visiting Disney for the very first time. With that comes our very first airplane trip. HELP!

Once we land in Orlando, could anyone out there give me an outline as to what to expect and do?? Flying JetBlue, where do we go once we get off the plane. We will be renting a towncar to bring us to the Polynesian. Where do I find the person from Tiffany's?

I can't wait to get to Disney, but the thought of the flight give me butterflies.

Thanks for you help!

It's easy from there!
Just follow the signs to the luggage pick-up (Orland's airport is very nice and fairly easy to get around, if I remember right.)

Your driver from Tiffany will meet you at the luggage pick-up area. He/She will have a sign with your name on it.

Have a great trip!

:D

I had to reply to your post as I just took my fiancee on his first ever plane ride (and I work for the FAA and fly a lot).

I am assuming none of you have ever flown before so here are a few helpful (I hope) hints:

1. Make sure you show up 2 hours before your flight is scheduled to leave. It is better to be sitting at the gate waiting than to be running down the hallway trying to catch your flight.

2. Don't try to carry too much on the plane with you. Check most of your luggage and only carry on a backpack or bag.

3. Bring gum with you to help unclog your ears. I find that sucking on hard candy works better for me than gum.

4. Bring something to amuse you and the kids. Coloring books, magazines, etc... And maybe a few small snacks.

5. Not to scare you but actually pay attention on the plane when they go over the emergency procedures. Make a mental note of where the nearest TWO exits are. Hopefully you won't need to use this info but I do it every trip just in case.

6. When you land in Orlando you will follow the signs to baggage pickup. You will have to ride a monorail to get to the main airport. Just keep following the signs for baggage (luggage) pickup.

7. I have never been picked up by a towncar service since I live here in Orlando. I am sure you cab call them and they will tell you where the driver will be. I usually see them at the bottom of the escalator with a sign with the person's last name on it.

Sorry this became so long. I hope you have a great trip. I hope I didn't insult your intelligence with any of my suggestions. I just know that I was suprised at some of the things my fiancee didn't know about flying that I just take for granted.

Again- have a great trip!

Everything at MCO is signed very well. Take your time and follow the signs to baggage claim (the monorail will take you there). When you get to the escalators there may be a person holding a sign with your name on it, if not proceed to the luggage pick up area. S/he may be there waiting for you. You will know your driver because s/he will be holding the sign with your name on it. Don't rush, if it is really crowded you can linger back a bit to get your bearings. Be sure to call and confirm your towncar 24-48 hours in advance and 24 hours in advance of your return trip! Have a great trip!

Thank you everyone for your helpful tips.

I can't wait to go!!! You've made me much more comfortable.

Enjoy your holidays!:earsgirl:

Someone mentioned the monorail.

Its probably important to note that at the Orlando airport, the terminals are quite a distance from the baggage area. (and ticketing, when you return). You navigate this distance via monorail. They are very nice and very clearly labled (just follow the signs), but you will be moving yourself, your family and all your carryons over this distance and getting on and off the monorail. For this reason, if you are traveling with young kids, you may want to limit your carryon luggage to what you need to simplify things. Nothing quite like getting the whole family on the monorail with all their bags, and discovering little Jimmy still standing on the platform as the train pulls away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter