Flying Jet Blue with extra space/speed--TSAPrecheck still necessary?

Miffy

DIS Veteran
I think I got my entire question in the subject line! I'm flying JB into MCO in December, and I have a more space/more speed seat reserved. Would it still be a good idea to get TSAPrecheck (or Global Entry)? Or not necessary?

Thanks!

Our experience leaving MCO was that they never had a "more speed" line at security, but there is always a pre check line.

Also note that when available, more speed just puts you into a fast pass sort of line for a regular security check, while precheck has more perks like not having to remove your belt and shoes etc.

Hi, Princess Stitch. Thanks. I'm assuming you mean that there's actually no area designated the "more speed" line at MCO, not that there was no one in line there. Right? Or do you mean that there's no wait for the "more speed" line but there is a wait at Precheck?

The last time I flew out of MCO I had the more speed thing and I didn't have to wait in any line at all, but it may be that I also somehow got Precheck--I don't remember!

I would still get precheck. I'm in the process of applying for global entry myself. I have an obvious mobility disability and almost always get waved through the fast line by the TSA agents, but the less security hassle of precheck is so nice when I've gotten it randomly. So yes I'd say precheck is still worth getting.

Several people on the Disboards are reporting last month and this month that the wait for the security lines at MCO are about an hour long. So I would do Pre Check. We have had precheck for a few years and it takes us about 8 minutes to get through at MCO. No shoe removal, no liquids removal, no electronics removal so it has it perks.

Thanks, everyone. Precheck it is! I'd do GE, but the wait for an interview is much longer and the trip's in less than 4 months.

If you do pre check the turn around time to get your KTN is about 2 weeks. Once you get your number call your airline and have them add the number to your ticket. Without it printed on your ticket you will not be able to use the pre check line.

I just applied and got an appointment in September. Works out fine for me. And thanks again, everyone!

If you do pre check the turn around time to get your KTN is about 2 weeks. Once you get your number call your airline and have them add the number to your ticket. Without it printed on your ticket you will not be able to use the pre check line.
I was able to get approved in under a week. I could have gotten it faster, the location had appts the next day, but I couldn't work it into my work schedule. So I took one on the following friday when I had off already. By Tuesday I had an email that I was approved.

Once you get your number call your airline and have them add the number to your ticket. Without it printed on your ticket you will not be able to use the pre check line.

When we got NEXUS and got our trusted traveler number I just entered it online to all my FF accounts. It was put on the travel arrangements that already existed. No phone call needed.

Update: I just checked the TSA site and was able to get an appointment 2 weeks earlier than the original one. Different location, but easy to get to from my place. I intend to check again!

My daughter just did a walkin, she said the wait was less than 30 minutes. She didn't want to wait a month for an appointment. Good luck.

Pre-Check (or GE or NEXUS) is the way to go, you will be very happy to have it. At most airports where JB has "even more" it just gets you closer to the front of the regular security line. You still have to abide by the TSA rules about taking stuff out of your bag etc, think of it like a FP :). Pre-check is totally different. There is a dedicated and in most cases you leave your laptop and liquid in your bags and leave your shoes on etc. It's like FP on steroids

New update! I decided to just walk in, since I had some time today. I was there a little less than an hour, which really wasn't bad. There were a lot of people there, it was lunchtime, and I went to the West 35th Street location in Manhattan. The process itself took less than 5 minutes. Many thanks to everyone on this thread!

New update! I decided to just walk in, since I had some time today. I was there a little less than an hour, which really wasn't bad. There were a lot of people there, it was lunchtime, and I went to the West 35th Street location in Manhattan. The process itself took less than 5 minutes. Many thanks to everyone on this thread!

Was that for just Pre-Check or Global Entry?

Was that for just Pre-Check or Global Entry?

Precheck. AFAIK, there's nowhere in the NYC area where you can do a walk-in for the GE interview, which is the main reason I chose Precheck instead, because the wait for a GE interview in NYC is several months.

New update! Just got my KTN last night. So the whole process took 5 days, counting a day when I did utterly nothing, since I didn't realize I could do a walk-in appointment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter