Flying into Fall!! – WISH September Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

Yeah for electricity!!

We lost power 3am Monday and it just came back on. Thankfully we don't have much damage. We need a new roof but we knew that was coming since ours was older and we had two fence panels come down. We are so lucky compared to downtown Jacksonville and other parts of FL.

Now that's over I'm officially in for the month :)

My brother survived Irma just fine. Didn't even lose power. Thanks for asking!

It's not that I'm not adventurous, I just never do anything! I know being overweight slows me down so I don't try some things. Also having the demeanor of a sloth doesn't help. I'm not interested in doing any of the crazy stuff like in crossfit. It just doesn't appeal to me at all. I have a girlfriend who absolutely loves it. :crazy: I play pickleball (not very well) but it is always a fun time. That's about as adventurous as I get these days.

DH's favorite flying character would be Tink. I like Dumbo and the flying carpet in Aladdin.

I am 100% for tracking. The 5000 step thing I am not! I think the two days we traveled I didn't make it. I'd have to go look. I know this weekend DH was a sweetie and said he'd walk outside with me even though it was almost time to get ready for bed. Unfortunately it was raining so we didn't. I paced in the house instead and drove him crazy!

No time for more right now. I'll be back tomorrow!

Yes, still going... I haven't been able to find a current map of where the remnants of Irma are, but the Nashville weather forecast is warm and rain free for the time I'll be there. With the airports opening up today, air traffic should be well on its way to sorting itself out by the time I fly Thursday.

Oh that is good news - hope you have a fantastic time :-)

Yeah for electricity!!

We lost power 3am Monday and it just came back on. Thankfully we don't have much damage. We need a new roof but we knew that was coming since ours was older and we had two fence panels come down. We are so lucky compared to downtown Jacksonville and other parts of FL.

So glad to hear that you are ok. Must have been a little scary if you have damage to your roof! DD13 and I were following along on the news and the internet - a few of her Minecraft staff/friends live in Florida also - she became a moderator/staff for the server she plays on a few months ago... so she also showed an interest in how it was going over there.

:woohoo:

the flying carpet in Aladdin.

Oh I totally forgot about him! Love him too.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Well I didn't do my official strengthening exercises today but I spent most of the day rearranging furniture (think desks, cabinets, bookshelves etc) and tidying up in my new office space. So I got plenty of activity today! It hasn't quite come together yet - I will have more to do tomorrow.

Yesterday i did not go to the rec but i did go for a walk outside. I got my 10,000 steps. Yay!!!! first time a while. I made sure I was walking fast as I tend to walk slower if i am outside then on a treadmill. I got about 5,000 steps in 45 minutes.

My ear is back to normal today but I am a little congested. I am guessing the ear issue was really the start of a cold. It is not bad at all so i am hoping it stays that way. My daughter has dance tonight and my son has soccer. We will divide and conquer. I will send my husband with my son and I will take my daughter. This way I will be able to run up to the rec while my daughter is in 2 hours of dance. Then when we get home my husband can go out and get his steps.

Yeah for electricity!!

Yay... happy to hear y'all are OK.

Woohoo its Wednesday... or is it Friday? Hmmm.... riding in on the bus this morning I kept wondering why no one was wearing their Seahawk's gear for Blue Friday then realized its just my personal Friday, everyone else is in fact still on Wednesday.

My big Woohoo is the upcoming trip to Nashville. I was kind of feeling so-so about it, like do I really want to go on another trip where I'm on my own trying to explore and figure things out? But I was playing with Google Maps yesterday and checking out things to do in Nashville again, and I'm feeling excited about it now. I found a place to have dinner near the hotel which is in a plantation house, so that'll be fun. I'm really only going to have time to go to The Country Music Hall of Fame, but I will have a couple hours to spend there. The class itself will be a lot of fun. I got the teacher's book out last night so I remember to take it with me and the pictures are so beautiful and inspiring. My flight tomorrow departs at 5:30am, so I'll be leaving for the airport around 3:30am - yikes - at least that's the time Whitehall normally wakes me up for first breakfast, so it isn't going to be too much of a shock.

My other woohoo is that Sunday I got my hair colored... I decided to give up on trying to have it done silver/grey, because grey coloring is so unstable and fades out right away. So I told her to make me a brunette, and I'm really happy with the results. It'll be a lot of upkeep, but at least I'll be able to do some of it myself.

It's going to be crazy busy today, getting things wrapped up to be out of office for two days, then it's packing and getting to bed early and off I go! Will check back in Monday - have a lovely rest of week and weekend everyone!

Yeah for electricity!!

This must be so stressful! I am glad you sound positive about it.

My WhooHoo

Just over a week today since I rejoined! I had a look at the goals I set for myself

Tracking every day on MFP
Walking at least 13 000 steps
Not going over my daily calories
Eating half of each of my meals veggies and fruit
Limit processed food and eating out little

So far I have kept at my goals every day.
My average steps were 14000 which feels very much right level for me right now and my average calorie intake was about 1750 which is the level I want to keep. Small weight loss. No workouts but I don't plan to go back to the gym this month.

Also, after the initial shock I am really looking forward for next June & July at WDW! Would love some tips for this time of the year!

I spend my breaks yesterday and today changing the plan for our vacation so not enough steps but will get that this dealt with tomorrow.

I had a big win this morning. I took the kids to get doughnuts for breakfast and I did not get any for me. This is big as I love my doughnuts. I am also down a few ounces from earlier this week.

Well done! that is big :D the call of donuts is hard to beat ... I should know I had two Krispie Kremes for lunch yesterday o_O

Once again sorry for being absent! At least you all got to post woohoos on Wednesday, so that was covered. Things should improve here a little over the next days, so I will try to keep the thread in better shape for the second half of the month! Can't beleive that September is already nearly half way over...

I have a belated woohoo: Remember me complaining about no weight loss. The amazing thing is that I am fitting into clothes that should not fit when I see the current number on the scale. I had to dress up at work this week and on Wednesday I put on the wrong blouse (wanted a different one that looks similar) and when I put it on I realised that it fit even though I wanted the other one because this one was not supposed to fit me currently. Then I decided to go for it and tried on a skirt that was also in the "doesn't fit currently" part of the closet and it fit. It was snug, but I could wear it without being uncomfortable! Today I am wearing pants that I have not been wearing at all last winter for the same reason! I guess my body is changing without losing the pounds... Which is a good sign!!

Question of the day for 9/14:

Ok, trying to keep the flying theme here, but it is difficult when talking about food and I think it is time for a food QOTD!

IMG_5875.JPG

These are the fruit bats from Disney's Animal Kingdom park at WDW! So, let's talk about fruit - a staple in the bats diet, a staple in yours? With fall arriving rapidly, the fruit offerings are changing, are you looking forward to fall fruits and how do you get through the winter months when fruit is less fresh and readily available than in summer?

I have a belated woohoo: Remember me complaining about no weight loss. The amazing thing is that I am fitting into clothes that should not fit when I see the current number on the scale. I had to dress up at work this week and on Wednesday I put on the wrong blouse (wanted a different one that looks similar) and when I put it on I realised that it fit even though I wanted the other one because this one was not supposed to fit me currently. Then I decided to go for it and tried on a skirt that was also in the "doesn't fit currently" part of the closet and it fit. It was snug, but I could wear it without being uncomfortable! Today I am wearing pants that I have not been wearing at all last winter for the same reason! I guess my body is changing without losing the pounds... Which is a good sign!!

Wow congrats! That's such an incredible feeling.

QOTD: Oh man I loooooove fruit. My favorite food is watermelon! That's one of the reasons WW works for me- fresh fruit is 0 points. I definitely love the spring and summer because of the fruits and going into the winter is usually a bummer because fresh fruit prices go up and quality goes down. I do love apples so I'm looking forward to this year's apple season :)

I like more summer fruit. Peaches, Plums, Watermelon, Grapes and Strawberries. I have 4 peaches at home that I have not eaten yet. I really do need to eat them. I was much better eating fruit as a kid.

@Flossbolna That is awesome. I love that feeling when clothes start to fit again.

@4Mickeys I am hoping I can continue with not eating them. I love them. We go to a doughnut shop that makes them fresh each day and they are really fluffy. I get on all the time that has vanilla cream inside and powder sugar on the outside. This might be the worst one to get. So many calories. I am really trying to rain the cravings in.

I weighed myself again this morning and i am down 1.4 pounds since yesterday. Yay!!! I just need to keep it up. I didn't get to the rec last night as i had to work late and then had cheer practice with my daughter. I am hoping to go tonight though and still get a few days of exercise in.

I am a little bummed this morning though and really trying to keep my emotions in check. After about a month to a month and a half of my daughters ankle has been not hurting, she woke this morning and doesn't want to put weight on it. I so thought we were good. We have slacked on doing her foot exercises since school started so i am hoping that doing them again will get her back to normal. I really do not want her to have surgery at 10 years old.

Just stumbled into this part of the Dis forum but I'm excited! My goal is to workout for 30 minutes every day (a challenge I'm doing with another group but extra support is always good!). I made some cupcakes last night (looooove baking) for my sister, who evacuated from Irma and is here in Atlanta indefinitely. They were her favorite and I sent her back to my parents' house with more than half of them, but I did eat 2. :( The rest I handed out a work today so that's something. For my 30 minutes/day challenge, I'm 2/2 haha. Went to OTF both days, going again today, and for the weekend my plan is running outside for 30 mins each. I might take Sunday as an elliptical/stretching day to be safe.

Happy to be here!

These are the fruit bats from Disney's Animal Kingdom park at WDW! So, let's talk about fruit - a staple in the bats diet, a staple in yours? With fall arriving rapidly, the fruit offerings are changing, are you looking forward to fall fruits and how do you get through the winter months when fruit is less fresh and readily available than in summer?
I have been really good this summer about adding more fruits into my diet. Especially peaches!! They have been so good this year. I don't really have a game plan for winter since I was never a big fruit eater in the winter before (I feel like that is a sad statement :( ). I am interested to hear what the rest of you do in the winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter