Florida State Parks Changing Their Reservation Window In 2024

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
I have been an occasional guest at Florida State Parks over the years and they have historically had an 11 month booking window (based on date of arrival). Starting next year, that will change. Here is the email I received:

Hello,

We are excited to share a new benefit for Florida residents about making reservations for overnight accommodations at Florida State Parks.

Effective Jan. 1, 2024, at noon Eastern time, only Florida residents may make reservations for cabins and RV, tent, boat and equestrian campsites 11 months in advance. Non-Florida residents will be able to make reservations 10 months in advance.

To take advantage of this new benefit, Florida residents will need to provide a valid Florida driver’s license or ID card number at the time of booking. Starting today, Florida residents may update their profile associated with the Florida State Parks Reservation System to add their valid Florida driver’s license or ID card number. This information, which will be validated with the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, will need to be verified annually.

I don't think I'm too impacted but I foresee a potential problem for out-of-state snow-birds attempting to book their stays because they have to wait an extra month while in-staters can book up weekends and other stays first. For me, it will be harder to get a SP campsite in the Keys but heck, it's hard anyway now the way it is.

Bama Ed

PS - I usually do a 1-nighter at a SP before my FW stays but I have been fortunate to keep checking my dates and have gotten 1 night I wanted several times.

Somehow I see this getting abused a FL residents start booking and trying to resell their spots for a profit.

@

jbrostek :

??????????????

Oh the FL SP admin folks have been on top of that scam for decades, Burt.

Campers down in the FL Keys at Bahia Honda (mile marker 37 or so) would book a site then try to "sub-let" that 14-day reservation into piece parts. And it got shut down. Like WWE!

giphy.gif

Unless you're saying FL residents would break rules like that? :rolleyes1 Gotta watch out for those Flour-EYE-dah folks. They sneaky.

giphy.gif

Ed

Last edited:

Actually Ed that was one of the many that came to mind. I also know people where trying most recently to sublet Thousand Trails reservations around FL and NM. I am not saying it will be highly abused, but I foresee the abuse if they don't have any checks and balances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter