Florida Holidays 2002 - Day 7: Pool Day

Pete the DISney nut

Official NUTcase
or what can we do today to compare to yesterday's fun and games???

Thursday dawned bright and sunny - what a surprise!! - and we rose late today. 8am!!! Well, you have to have a lie in a couple of days of a holiday. Up we got, on went the telly for the weather update and Toon Disney - at least some things never change - and we decided on what we will be having for breakfast.

Once we had fed and watered ourselves, we got our stuff together and headed towards the Fantasia Pool for some deserved rest and relaxation - and Tracy was determined to do some sun worshipping.

The weather was absolutely glorious - clear blue skies and nary a cloud in the sky - and, to be honest with you, this was the first time we had spent lazing by the pool - not counting the small dip I had in the same pool on Day 3 - and it was lovely just knowing we had nothing to do and nowhere to run off to - besides a little visit to MGM for our evening meal in the Sci Fi Dine In Theatre - which is, surprise, surprise - a first for us!!! And a jolly nice one it was too, as it turned out.

We lazed and drank, drank and lazed until around 11 am and we decided - unanimously - to head off towards MGM because we thought the crowds should have dispersed and we should be able to mosey around and please ourselves without having to cope with a lot of crowds.

Also, we missed the Indiana Jones show on Saturday so I wanted to get this show on tape as it is a favourite of ours. Another reason why we decided very early on - in the planning stages - to visit our fave parks on more than one occasion. But I digress ( no change there then!!)

So the bus duly came and we headed off towards MGM.

Once we went through the usual security "check" - more of a formality, especially as I made their job as easy as I could by having everything open before I got to the desks - we were in and wandering up the main boulevard leaving the Crossroads of the World behind us. We mosied around some and headed towards the arena for the Indy show.

We love this show and I have to say I could be a Spielberg - give or take the fact that I have a) no beard, b) no talent and c) nowhere near his vision or talent. Sigh. I can dream - the footage I got was rather good and we were particularly delighted with the "plant" this time around. No spoiler to those who have not yet seen the show - just it is highly recommended by this particular nut.

Well, from there we headed over to the Sci Fi as it was nearly time for the PS we had made to come round and we were greeted and shown inside.

Well, I was not sure what to expect at all and what we saw was a real eye-opener. It was so cool; quite dark, but so cool. We were shown to our Cadillac and given the usual menu and drinks - ahh, that is better - and then our server came along. Well, we have had some excellent servers and, sad as I am to say this, we have had some not so excellent servers ( but this comes later in the holidays) but Lisa (our server) was up there with the best. She really made our meal special and not just because her service was good (it was excellent) but her interaction with the diners (us) was top notch.

For those who have not eaten there, the tables are in the shape of hollowed out Cadillacs (as mentioned) and around the restaurant are screens which show clips and trailers of old, really old 50's sci-fi movies and cartoons which are in a continual loop of roughly 50 minutes.

These clips are sooo corny but an excellent idea to keep diners amused whilst eating. Well, they kept me amused anyway - not that this is hard to do, you understand. ;)

Once we had eaten and watched the clips a couple of times - yup, when we eat, we like to take our time - we headed towards the buses and back to the hotel.

Once back at the hotel, we notified Mears of the fact we needed a bus tomorrow morning to take us to Universal and this being done, we went back to the room to watch Pepper Ann (love this cartoon) and after our hot choc we lazed around and had a fairly early night in preparation for a busy, busy day tomorrow in somewhere we have not been to before.

Coming soon - Universal and boy, what an eye-opener this park is. AKA I did not have an idea that happened that many times!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter