Flights from London

manakin

Mouseketeer
Hello everybody!

I need an honest opinion...I'll be in Disneyworld from 29th of April to 10 of may next year and I'm looking for flights now.
Now, I'll fly from Italy and since my last visit, prices are really gone up :(
so I was considering an option...coming to Gatwick with easy jet from Milano (with a really early flight) and maybe then taking a virgin or British flight to MCO. I would still probably arrive earlier than any other flight from Italy and spend less moneys....my concern is changing terminal and doing again the check in in the new terminal...

Do you think it would be too much of a workout?
also, the problem is that I would not be able to take buy the easy jet flights until next October...

Thank you very much for your opinion!

Changing terminals at Gatwick is easy, there is a monorail that runs between North and south and it only takes a few minutes to get between them. Its normally recommended to allow 3 hours to check in for a long haul flight and I think virgin normally have a flight at around 11am and one around 1pm so its whether you think this will work. Would it be an option to fly into London the night before then stay at a hotel at the airport overnight?

Have a look at Aer Lingus Milan ( LIN ) to Dublin Depart 11.20 to 12.55 ( EI 433 )

AND Aer Lingus Dublin to Orlando Depart 15.oo to 19.55

Watch your dates & Change them if you can

I would not opt for any flight into Gatwick on the day of your flight to Orlando unless the flights are linked.
If your Easy Jet flight is delayed for any reason & you miss the Orlando flight you will have no come back on either airline.
Look at Aer Lingus from Milan as the previous poster has advised or fly in to Gatwick the evening before & stay in a hotel.

Thank you everyone!
Unfortunately, I cannot change my travel dates, and during Fridays Aer Lingus doesn't have flights :(

for sure, I'll arrive the night before in Gatwick and take the 11.45 virgin flight :)

at the moment, the flight (with the checked bag) is approximately 592£ per person. usually, can the price on virgin flights go under this price? should I wait to buy it? I ask since I never choose to fly with virgin.
Thank you very much for the precious help!

Hey guys, it's me again :bored:

So, apparently my work schedule will not let me leave the night before for Gatwick...so....

I could take an easy jet flight from Malpensa at 6.30 in the morning, that should arrive at Gatwick at 7.50. and then, take the Virgin flight that depart at
1 pm.
is it too risky? to me seem plenty of time to go outside, do the check in again etc...what do you think?

again, thank you:worship:

Hey guys, it's me again :bored:

So, apparently my work schedule will not let me leave the night before for Gatwick...so....

I could take an easy jet flight from Malpensa at 6.30 in the morning, that should arrive at Gatwick at 7.50. and then, take the Virgin flight that depart at
1 pm.
is it too risky? to me seem plenty of time to go outside, do the check in again etc...what do you think?

again, thank you:worship:

As long as your initial flight isn't delayed that should be plenty of time even with a terminal change. 3 hours for long haul is normally recommended so you should be fine.

Hi fellow Italian :)
I wouldn't do it. Any delay or stike and you'd risk to loose your flight to Orlando. If you have a connecting flight with the same company, if anything happens to the first flight, it's their responsibility to find you another flight, if you're doing the connection yourself you have to pay ouf of pocket for a new ticket. Even if it costs a bit more, it's money well spent for the peace of mind. Anedoctally, I've had a near 3 hours delay on may last two flights back to Italy...

I've had a look at prices and they're really expensive. I cannot believe it's 2000€ per person. It's the week after Easter, it should be slow season for WDW. Someone more expert on flight tickets, is it possible most companies have not yet released their best offers for April next year?

Hi fellow Italian :)
I wouldn't do it. Any delay or stike and you'd risk to loose your flight to Orlando. If you have a connecting flight with the same company, if anything happens to the first flight, it's their responsibility to find you another flight, if you're doing the connection yourself you have to pay ouf of pocket for a new ticket. Even if it costs a bit more, it's money well spent for the peace of mind. Anedoctally, I've had a near 3 hours delay on may last two flights back to Italy...

I've had a look at prices and they're really expensive. I cannot believe it's 2000€ per person. It's the week after Easter, it should be slow season for WDW. Someone more expert on flight tickets, is it possible most companies have not yet released their best offers for April next year?

I know, prices are crazy :(
actually, Lufthansa is 1000 for person...but it's really shockingly expensive!! Last time was 650....also delta is really expensive....
using wirgin and easy jet would cost something like 650 per person, which is really not bad....I don't know why prices are so high for that week, it's after easter so it should be less...

There are flights available with Delta (linked) so no problem in the event of a delay for £698 on sky scanner.

29th April - Milan, 9.45 to JFK, 12.50
JFK, 15.50 to Orlando, 19.05

10th May - Orlando, 19.38 to Amsterdam, 10.40
Amsterdam, 14.55 to Milan, 16.35

I know there's quite a wait between connections but I'm sure that you'd be able to find more flights with a shorter time.

There are flights available with Delta (linked) so no problem in the event of a delay for £698 on sky scanner.

29th April - Milan, 9.45 to JFK, 12.50
JFK, 15.50 to Orlando, 19.05

10th May - Orlando, 19.38 to Amsterdam, 10.40
Amsterdam, 14.55 to Milan, 16.35

I know there's quite a wait between connections but I'm sure that you'd be able to find more flights with a shorter time.

I saw those Delta flights saint rob, thanks :D
the problem is that, still, they are really expensive :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter