flights from Boston/TF Green or Manchester

jeanie

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Has anyone flown out of Mass/NH or RI lately that booked their air through DCL? What carrier are they using and is it still a non-stop? I have been checking the airline webpages and there doesn't seem to be many early non-stops out of Logan. Any one fly out of Manchester or TF Green and booked through DCL?

I am not cruising til April...... but I have been checking airfare to see if it would be cheaper to book on my own. I can't seem to find a cheap non-stop. I paid 189.00 last December over Christmas for a non-stop so I can't see forking out 600.00 for the same flight now....

If the flights booked through DCL have been non-stops then I will just stay put....

Thanks for any advise!!

Jeanie

Hi There....
When I flew out of Providence in March for my Wonder cruise I noticed that those who purchased Disney air were on the 7am direct flight (I actually was on a connecting flight down). Since then, TF Green has however, done away with all early morning direct flights to Orlando on Delta (such a shame!). We are going on the Magic next week and booked in April for a direct flight on Song (Delta's new carrier) for 7am saturday morning. In May, we found out they cancelled their direct early morning flights out of Boston!!!! We are now flying in the night before (and happy that we are). Delta has significantly reduced their flight schedule in Boston and Providence from what it was 2 years ago when flights to Orlando left almost every hour. Since Disney does not guarantee direct flights, it is my understanding that they are booking people on more connecting flights these days. If the flights are "cutting it too close" to cruise departure, they fly you in the night before and put you up at the Airport Hyatt (the hotel that is right inside the terminal in Orlando). It is probably going to be cheaper for you to book your own airfare and my suggestion is to fly in night before if at all possible - there have been several stories lately about delayed flights (due to weather, etc) and people literally running to make the ship. That is no way to start a vacation!!!! In any case, good luck!!!!!

I ended up booking my own flights from PVD on Southwest... they're the only airline flying direct from PVD to MCO now, I believe...

I didn't want to go all the way into Boston and didn't know what I'd get from DCL... Dreams Unlimited didn't think I'd get a direct flight and I couldn't specify what airline I wanted.. I'd have to take what DCL gave me... plus I wanted to go down the night before because of the weather factor... We ended up paying $210 each (2 of us going)... I'd been watching both PVD & BOS, so that's not a bad price... I think the days of cheap airfare are gone for awhile.

I am going next week on the Magic and I got our two tickets to MCO from PVD Direct flight on Southwest for $220 total. IT was a $49 each way fare and I jumped on it. I don't think I have ever paid less than that for one ticket!! I grabbed it and it was gone the next day. I am going on Delta in Oct and had the Direct flight for a good price and now that is no longer offered, we are going by way of Atlanta with a long layover. I find it hard to believe that flight was not profitable for Delta, I had taken it often and it was always sold out!! I have never flown Southwest before hearing good and bad things, but direct flight and for that price I thought "What the heck I'll try it."

I've only flown on SW once, but my friends use it all the time and love it.
The only thing I'm not too keen on is no seat assignment... which can be both good & bad. They let families with young children load first... well, the flight I was on was packed with children, (hmm, WDW -go figure) so I thought I didn't have a prayer of finding seat. Luckily, another lady I had been chatting with at the gate had saved a seat for me, so we chatted the rest of the way back too.

I've heard it has gotten a bit better, with A,B,C groups. At least it's a direct flight, no stops, no layovers, no plane change (at least for now).

Yes, I booked in Jan. on the early Delta Song Non-stop.

When that flight was cancelled, we went to the 11:30 flight, Non-stop, which is fine for us since we go to WDW first.

We booked the flight separately and it was 200 pp. And you know, that price NEVER changed, not one bit, 'til last month when it went up.

I kept looking to see if it would drop and it never did. So, if you're going with Delta Song. I would say book early!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter